Needle clip missing

Hey guys, I need advice on what to do, my brother was riding his kx 80 the other day and after a while the bike stopped working properly, so I checked the carb and the clip fell off the needle. It felt kinda week, but I put it back on. After 10 minutes the same thing happened, only now when I removed the throttle valve, the clip was not there anymore. Now I don't know if maybe it fell out when I was removing the valve and I just missed it or it somehow fell trough in the cylinder, although I seriously doubt it. What should I do? I changed the piston and the conrod 2 months ago so I really don't want to take all apart again. It seems almost impossible that it broke in two pieces and both of them fell in that little hole. Maybe if it fell in the cylinder it was blown out straight away? What do you guys think?

carb.jpg

If it went into the engine its probably gone out the exhaust shortly thereafter.  As far as any damage it may have caused I wouldn't worry about it.  Its never good to have metal chunks running through but it is possible it did little to no damage on its way through.  If it runs good once you get the carb sorted out don't worry about it.