Do I need new tires

That's about what mine looks like. It's still useable, especially if you're just riding on trails.

Depends on where you ride and what type of riding. Trail riding in some hard pack, sure. Motocross where I live in the Florida sand, nope. On budget it's better than not riding but tires are fairly cheap in it sure feels good riding with that fresh tire

• Like 3

As Yamahace suggested, it depends on the type of riding and type of terrain.

Although not worn, that front tire is best suited for harder terrain,

if you ride loam, sand or mud, you'd be very surprised of the much improved traction (braking & cornering at speed) of a soft terrain specific tire.

If you trailride/off-road in slick/slippery conditions,

a worn rear tire also makes itself apparent when trying to modulate the rear brake to prevent lockup/sliding out.

buy new tires and mount them. if the increase in grip is shocking then you needed new tires if your still asking your self if you really needed new tires then it was probably a waste of money. tires and tire wear are personal preferences and a lot of variables come into play.

• Like 1

no dude that rear tire is fine, i can tell by how intact the side knobs are and the fact that the center knobs are only wearing from the tops that you do not ride aggressively in tough terrain, save your money

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Damien_Kawasaki said:

So I was wondering if I need new tires I am guessing I need a new back tire but I am not sure about the front

image.jpg

image.jpg

No, you don't need new tires, you need to ride a lot lot lot more. Tire pressure and tubes is more important.

I would change the rear.  Not enough knob left on it to hook up on loose soil.  The shoulders are untouched but that doesn't matter much if you're not using them.

11 hours ago, md30 said:

no dude that rear tire is fine, i can tell by how intact the side knobs are and the fact that the center knobs are only wearing from the tops that you do not ride aggressively in tough terrain, save your money

It is for motocross I have a race tomorrow 

Edited by Damien_Kawasaki

It is for motocross I have a race tomorrow 

Sounds like a no brainer to me. That rear needs to go. Trail riding your probably fine but you don't want to be that guy taking every one out going into the first corner, pick up an extra tube and a tire for $100 and get to work.
  • Like 1

Your rim lock and valve stem are opposite from where they should be as well.  You want the lock to be ahead of the stem relative to the direction of rotation.

That tire is fine. Just looking at the pattern of wear even suggests you don't push it hard. And all of those who say they would change it, you must be a kid living off of mommy and daddy or you enjoy wasting money. In either case, I have three boys that would gladly take your "worn out" tires.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bullmastiff said:

That tire is fine. Just looking at the pattern of wear even suggests you don't push it hard. And all of those who say they would change it, you must be a kid living off of mommy and daddy or you enjoy wasting money. In either case, I have three boys that would gladly take your "worn out" tires.

I ride a lot of steep rocky terrain with a few mates - and we've had tires with less tread than that - too bloody expensive to throw money away on anyway