kx 250 73mm bore

Hi there, new to the forum, We have a 99 kx 250 that was having issues so we took apart the motor. The KIPS was missing pieces so that was the issue. But we were going to order a new piston and checked the old one first thankfully and it is a 73mm.  Wondering if anyone knows were to get one, I can't seem to find any.

Thanks for any info

I've found a few 73mm bore options by Wiseco, so I'd drop them an email to have them cross-reference specs.

The ones I found for Kawasaki fitment were mostly for jetski engines (https://goo.gl/pfyM9V) - but all 73mm bores. There was also a Honda XR250 73mm Wiseco one I found as well, so perhaps they're interchangeable?

Another option is their 72mm for the '99 KX250 (https://goo.gl/v78V3w), perhaps you could replate or sleeve your cylinder to match that?

Failing these options, speak to LASleeve, Eric Gorr, or KustomKraft - they'll have what you need.

That's what I've concluded, after  an hour on the internet. Doesn't seem that anyone sells pistons anymore

call wiseco or wossner they may have the pistons, they just seel so few they dont advertise them.  Eric Gorr woujld be another good contact he is still making big bore 250s.

I have a 73mm piston kit here for a big bore 300 on a shelf here I believe. it's made by namura, so I haven't used it out of paranoia. It'd probably be fine, but that's the only brand everyone says run from, there's a few people who have had no issues though. 

I have one of those cylinders and a couple of pistons but none for sale LOL. It is a Wiseco piston and it will probably be sleeved, the kit is a LASleeve kit, they also have a gasket set for it. I would call them.

Ed

• Like 1

So after talking with Wiseco, they only have 72mm pistons for a kx250. I went and looked at the piston I have and it has marked on it 72.9mm. Does anyone know if that could be made to work. Thanks for all your help so far

Yes but you would probably need to sleeve cylinder and rebore it to 72.  Is your cylinder sleeved already?  Someone above said la sleeve sold 300 kits maybe they have a piston. 

@no1clyde

Would it be worth it to have my cylinder done to a 300 and use the the piston even though it's a namura? Or not ruin a cylinder and retain easy to find pistons?

On 6/16/2017 at 2:01 AM, RawbW said:

@no1clyde

Would it be worth it to have my cylinder done to a 300 and use the the piston even though it's a namura? Or not ruin a cylinder and retain easy to find pistons?

No

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mperri308 said:

I don't know exactly what all has to happen when sleeving a motor, but this sleeve on ebay is quite cheap;http://www.ebay.com/itm/LA-Sleeve-KA-5350B-Kawasaki-KX250-73mm-KA-5350B-KA5350B-NOS-/231539554933?hash=item35e8d53a75:g:VQAAAOSwymxVKC3Y&vxp=mtr. Could be a cool build.

Yeah thats the exact one for the OP's bike - 98-99 kx250

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, RawbW said:

@no1clyde

I would use the new 72mm piston as they seem to be around.

Ed

• Like 1