Jump to content

Need carb advice on 2013 250sx

Recommended Posts

So I got my bike when it was colder out. Noticed it was running rich. Never really thought about it much as it's a two stroke and I'd rather rich then lean lol. Now comes summer and high 20's and low 30 Celsius and I literally can't ride the bike.... I fouled 4 plugs trying to leave my yard. Bike will start. I give it a bit of gas to keep rpm up hoping it won't foul but then just dies and the plug is soaked.... So I'm about 1200 feet above sea level. I run premium gas with 40:1 mix running yamalube racing oil. What's the best setup for the carb ? Jets, needle position etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was running rich when it was cold out it will get significantly worse as it gets warmer outside.  There is a jetting chart in your manual, great place to start.  I'd rejet to factory spec, then you have a baseline to start from.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Byron909 said:

I doubt the jetting is so far off to make it not even move without fouling. Maybe you have a reed issue or something.

what size jets do you have in bike right now?

Not a clue. Haven't pulled the carb apart yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, poldies4 said:

If it was running rich when it was cold out it will get significantly worse as it gets warmer outside.  There is a jetting chart in your manual, great place to start.  I'd rejet to factory spec, then you have a baseline to start from.  

Ya was just wondering what everyone else found to be the best. Ya as it got warmer I noticed it was fouling a lot easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

Ya was just wondering what everyone else found to be the best. Ya as it got warmer I noticed it was fouling a lot easier.

Your jetting is specific to a few things, temperature, elevation, and often riding style.  Truth is, there is no best, what works for me likely won't work for you.

Colder air will make jetting lean, as the air gets warmer, your jetting will be get richer.  When I ran a conventional carb I had spring/fall jetting, and summer jetting.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, poldies4 said:

Here is a start...

 

image.jpg

Good start , but the if you want better.....

suzuki needles or lectron carb

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kxrob said:

Good start , but the if you want better.....

suzuki needles or lectron carb

 

Whats so special with theectron carbs ? Are they self adjusting or what ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×