Help save our riding day! YZ125 issue

My father and I are leaving tomorrow for a weekend of riding, and his 2003 YZ125 decided to act up this evening. So here is all the info I can give leading up to this....

-the gas in the bike is slightly old. We run 32:1. However, the bike has been started and ran numerous times this spring with the SAME gas that is in the bike now, with no issues. 

-All that was done since the last time the bike ran perfectly fine (one week ago), was the cleaning of the air filter. Took it off, cleaned it, coated it in spray, and put it back in. 

Now when we start the bike, it will start right up, run okay for about 20 seconds, begin to bog, and shut off. Once it shuts down, it will not start back up (until a clean plug goes in). We pulled the plug, every time it was filthy. We even had some clean ones, and after that 20 seconds of running it is filthy. 

So one would automatically think the bike is running way too rich and gunking up the plug, but this is the same fuel mixture we have run for years and the same gas that ran fine a week ago. I have a 2006 YZ125, using the same mixture and cleaned the air filter with an identical process, and it runs as good as new. 

Anyone that can help, even a long shot idea would be awesome. We are leaving in the morning and would love to save the weekend. Thank you. 

That would always have been my first thought, but the gas has been in the bike for a long time and started up and ran fine a week ago. Would the gas be fine for weeks upon weeks and then decide to go bad in one week?

That would always have been my first thought, but the gas has been in the bike for a long time and started up and ran fine a week ago. Would the gas be fine for weeks upon weeks and then decide to go bad in one week?

Yes

2 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

Fresh gas!  The old gunk plugged up the carb. 

in addition to fresh gas clean the carb.