Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket levers

Im having a hard time finding aftermarket shorty levers that will FIT my 2015 yz250fx. Went to my local bike shop and took home a new clutch lever.... No good...hole in the lever will not line up with hole in perch...close but no go and at $80 it better fit so i returned it.... found a set on amazon.ca and placed the order...recieved the levers and on to the install... the brake side fits..... no fit with the cjutch lever...hole in lever not lined up with hole in perch......

FXCNC Pivot Dirtbike CNC Brake Clutch Levers For Yamaha YZ250FX 2015-2016,YZ450FX 2016 Silver .... this is the 2nd set i ordered....

is any one else having this fitment issue, and what did you buy that FIT

Bottom line is i will make them fit with a bit of fiddling with a die grinder and file.. but 2 tries with a product that says it will fit ????????

I have a 03 WR250. Had the same problem.  Solution is to buy the lever and perch in one unit. I could never get the right lever to match my perch. Found an OEM distributor and ordered from him.

• Like 1

I Agree, if you're trying to go for a better lever then the only way is to get the matching perch as well.  You may have to buy 5 different levers before you find the one that fits and that you like if not. 

I had the same issue with my 2017 FX.  Buying a perch/lever combo as others suggested is one good way.  The other is to get the perch from a YZ250F.  Most aftermarket levers fit that perch.  You can go OEM for the F perch or buy a used perch & lever from eBay or Kijiji and use just the perch.  Either way, you can now add an adjustable reach or multipivot aftermarket lever of your choice.

Another solution that might work is to bend the end of the stock FX lever around so the the distance for your fingers is like a shorty lever.  If it breaks at the bend, you might be able grind it smooth and still us the now short lever if you have wraparound hand guards or if you can add a ball to the end of the lever (either one to prevent the ball-less lever end from becoming a puncture hazard in the even of a crash).  A good TIG welder might be able to take some length out of the middle of your stock lever to make it shorter.

GYTR levers are a rip off $$$$$$. I took the hack saw to the $30 chineese ( clutch and brake...folding) ones and made them fit... max... i already modified the clutch lever length ( i went boom lol ) and really liked the short length . But the pointy end was a safety issue... all good now ...hack saw , file and 20 min work.

• Like 1

Little late on a reply, but I figured I'd add my findings to help in the future (I just bought a 17 YZ250FX). I found that the levers from my son's old 2013 WR250F would fit his new to him 2015 YZ250FX. We bought the Moose brand Competition levers 1SGYG82 or 0610-0113. I believe the first part number has the plastic insert on the end and the second part number is just aluminum on the ball end. Hope this helps.

I found that the shorty aftermarket levers only fit the clutch side...the pivot pin never lined up ( i tried 2 different brands ) on the brake side... the Chinese ones were cheap enough to justify modifying them ....it did NOT take alot of time to make them fit and they work great...im very happy with the results...i think i paid $30 bucks for the pair..if i broke one i would re order the same ones

ASV F4 shorty clutch lever works great on my 17 FX. Stock perch, safety wire removed.

Not cheap at $80, but it is a beautiful and well made lever.