Fender rubbing frame and rad cover

Hey guys, I noticed this at the end of last season and have no idea if I did this or bought the bike like this. The front fender is rubbing super hard to the point of actually grinding away some frame and bending the plastic rad guards are deformed as well. Any idea of what the hell could cause this or how to fix it? Would running into a log or something similar cause this?

The pic is showing where its rubbing on the frame, you can see the shiny metal and you can notice some of the plastic cover deformed by heat and rubbing. Sorry for the crap quality, having issues transferring pics to my PC and this was the only one that came thru.

20170610_124636.jpg

The frame could be tweaked.  Either that or the fender.

Head on collisions can do it, cartwheeling down a hill can do it.  I've done it a few times myself.  Made fenders rub that didnt before and vice versa.

Yes OEM fender. Guessing it must have been there when I bought the bike then, I haven't sent it tumbling down a hill or any major head ons. Sounds like there is not much I can do to fix it hey?

I would pop the front end in the air and check the steering head bearings.

If that yields nothing, take the front wheel off, loosen each tube (watch it - when loose they will suddenly slide out easily - hang onto them) and then tighten them back up. Then follow the procedure in the manual for putting the front wheel back on.

See if that straightens things out.

Jim.

Edited by Jim Dettman