I went to my first demo day in years. Rode the IBIS mojo 3 HD, YETI SB5 Plus and Specialized Enduro 29'er S-works. I highly suggest anyone contimplating buying a bike to go check out a local demo day. With bikes closing into the price of cars these days (actually top models have always been expensive but the current Sworks Niner is $8500 retail) having the ability to try the new technology and really see if it makes you faster is a great testing method. 

Edited by Arctic Pride

OMG, I love so many of the current bikes out there, but then I get the "sticker shock" and think I can buy a new dirt bike for that kind of money. I guess I am forced to concede that I will never ever buy an expensive mtb, regardless of whether or not I win the lottery (assuming that I buy a ticket, lol)

It is nice to have dreams though and some of those bikes are sweet! I get faster the old fashioned way, hard work and effort. Life did not give me too many other options

Surprisingly, there's lots of good new bikes in the 2-3k range. Just have to sell my dh first....