Mixing trans oils..

Hey guys!

So I have been constantly changing my transmission fluids (every 2-3 rides because it sounds clunky?!). And have found some bel-ray 80w gear saver in my cabinet. It has about 300 cm3 left inside. I run maxima 80w trans fluid in my bikes now, but I was wondering if I could possibly mix the 2 and put it in my trans?

I remember that with the gear saver I was able to stretch my service intervals and am wondering if it could do just that if I mix the maxima and gear saver together?

Also how often do you guys change fluids? My bike seems to sound a bit clunky when it seems to be about due?! I could change the trans fluid, go on a ride for an hour, come back and drain it and it will be pretty dark black.

The discoloration is from the clutch plates. The oil will last several rides with no issue. My CR will start to feel a little "notchy" when shifting and that is when I change it. I don't think mixing those two oils will be a problem, I would do it if needed, both are excellent oils. I still prefer Golden Spectro, it makes my clutch last forever and shifting is butter smooth. Good luck.

• Like 1