Can someone tell me what this noise is from?

Sounds like the wire protector on the clutch cable is vibrating on the pipe. Or it could be a pipe rattle. 

2 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Sounds like the wire protector on the clutch cable is vibrating on the pipe. Or it could be a pipe rattle. 

Haven't thought of the clutch cable vibrating on the pipe so ill see tomorrow if thats it, the pipe is mounted solid(no movement at all). It sounds like its coming from inside the cylinder.  I kinda think its the small end bearing or the rings but this is my first 2 stroke so i don't know what noises mean what.

I think its the powervalve. on those bikes they are very noisy but yours might be louder than average.

58 minutes ago, 91kdx25088 said:

I think its the powervalve. on those bikes they are very noisy but yours might be louder than average.

There is no power valve on that motor.

Air cooled bikes are noisier than a water cooled bike do keep that in mind too.

33 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

There is no power valve on that motor.

Air cooled bikes are noisier than a water cooled bike do keep that in mind too.

Well i took the whole pipe off to see if that was it, i only ran it for 10 seconds so it wouldn't cause any damage. I don't hear the rattle over the engine sound so I believe its just the pipe. :) The exaust o-ring looks to be flat on the side that would normally touch the pipe so is it safe to assume thats what was causing the noise?

Edited by Illuminated onyx

What is the history? Slip the head off - just to see if there is any debris floating around

9 hours ago, GregWB said:

What is the history? Slip the head off - just to see if there is any debris floating around

Popped off the head/cylinder nothing seems to be too bad other than the small end bearing had some play and the wris pin had a notch from the small end bearing. Ive ordered replacements for both and a clymer manual so i can check the ring gaps/piston to cylinder clearance. The cylinder seems to have a decent amount of wear but it still had good compression when i took it apart so i think im good on rings but I'll include Pictures for a second opinion :D I don't have the money to replate the cylinder currently so it's gonna have to be fine..IMG_1402.thumb.JPG.e58829c2d096989e2876dcbf1a8ee3b1.JPGIMG_1422.JPG.e677c0eeac89d41350d3f631b2bda00f.JPG

On 6/11/2017 at 7:36 AM, 91kdx25088 said:

I had a pair of these X-ray glasses but loaned them out.  You know the rest.

cdee0519fd9b0730ec94793281b70566.jpg