LED strip for blinkers

I have been looking around but never found anything on people using the little led strips for blinkers. I know zeta hand guards have them integrated, i ride mainly off road don't want to risk breaking them.

Just wondering if anyone has done this or thought of it, looking for pros/cons. Figure if anything i will buy some mini strips and see how well they work out.

i put 2 led on each side, works well and they are bright. i think it wad $4 each. you can see them on the handguards

[/url]20170513_133411.thumb.jpg.0805511545abd1446c8b2aacb48d86f4.jpg20170313_115317.thumb.jpg.f67cb0af0358e7ee200c6d4a2ab20380.jpg

Most are good at nite, some not so good in daylight.  Non DOT, mind the nose picker ticket writers.

• Like 1

I live in Florida so pretty much anything goes here, i run a full yoshi rs2 exhaust cops don't even bother. Think i might end up buying some small 4 inch led strips to wire into the blinker set up for front and rears.

Edited by lt88

I was looking at mine, I really don't see how you would hit the stock ones hard enough on something, to bust them off. They are in a weird area.... if you do hit something enough right there, you are probably about to get ripped off the bike as well.

Pretty sure i will rip them off, also just hate how they look. Ive been threw a few trees, last one broke my rad/speedo cable and bent my brake lever clean backwards.

Just want to clean up the bike some the big heavy looking blinker kills me ever time i look at it, huge eye sore.

ok, I will agree the fronts look kinda huge and dorky.... but I still don't see how you are going to rip it off ;)

I did just delete my rear turn signals and fender... lots of custom stuff, but I am very pleased with the result (it does have turn signals, they are in the light)

rearlight.JPG

Edited by 74jimbo
  • Like 1

I have the Zeta guards on all my bikes with the blinkers in some of them , others I just put a couple yellow LED dots or 3 emitter strips on the handguards . I try to put blinking yellow LED's in a few spots to increase visibility . I'd rather have something get ripped off once in a while than to worry about being neat and have that driver turn in front because they couldn't see my tiny lights .

• Like 1