Spark plug socket size help

What is the exact spark plug socket dimensions I need for a XR600R? What a pain in the ass trying to get that thing out. With all the work done to my bike I never chAnged the plug due to not being able to find the correct socket size. The socket I have fits a NGK but not whatever plug is currently in there which is smaller than a NGK.

Thanks

16 hours ago, DesertXR said:

What is the exact spark plug socket dimensions I need for a XR600R? What a pain in the ass trying to get that thing out. With all the work done to my bike I never chAnged the plug due to not being able to find the correct socket size. The socket I have fits a NGK but not whatever plug is currently in there which is smaller than a NGK.

Thanks

I was having same problem! After much socket trial & error, finally got it out, turned out & it was a Champion or AC plug with different hex size. It happened so long ago I dont remember size or anything. Pretty sure it was smaller because I just got bike & was angry, I thought plug was stripped in hole, but actually the socket was slipping.