[2006 S] Oil got aerated from a botched oil change can I still ride?

Hey TT! So I had some trouble changing my oil today, the drain bolt on the frame is stripped so I only drained the lower plug. The problem is not all of the oil drained out so when I added a quart and ran it to check the level it was over filled and the dipstick came out with small bubbles on it.

Can I just wait until morning for the air to rise, or do I need to change the oil again? I drained the oil again so that I would have the right level (even though it's half dirty) also is it a problem that I possibly have two different oils running in it?

Hey TT! So I had some trouble changing my oil today, the drain bolt on the frame is stripped so I only drained the lower plug. The problem is not all of the oil drained out so when I added a quart and ran it to check the level it was over filled and the dipstick came out with small bubbles on it.

Can I just wait until morning for the air to rise, or do I need to change the oil again? I drained the oil again so that I would have the right level (even though it's half dirty) also is it a problem that I possibly have two different oils running in it?

It's fine. The bubbles will purge within a few minutes of running. Two oils will not hurt it either. Just make sure it's not WAY overfilled. A little high is ok.

• Like 2

Stripped as in the bolt head or your frame is fubar? If the head, visegrip it off, and get a new plug.