hi all, i purchased a 2014 wr450 efi, the previous owner sold it to me cheap as he had no idea how to fix it, for some reason the bike just kinda cuts out when just putting around, if you sit there at idle and try to rev it quickly its stalls and cuts out, if you ride it and back off the exhaust pops and crackles, sometimes flames!!.

this bike is a import and has a stock ecu but has a gytr muffler on it,

i have tried a complete throttle body which had injector and all sensors on it, i also tried another ecu and check fuel pressure,

clearances are good and timing perfect, i also remove head and cylinder to check, all ok,

i am completely lost where to go now!!

It could be the injector it's self. I friend of mine had simular symptoms on a 2015 KTM 350 sx. His was bad injector.
I assume you mean valve clearances when you said clearances are good.

Pull the fuel pump

Replace the filter. It will be black and clogged up. If it has been this way for a long time, the pump is probably damaged. You can do a pressure check (50+ psi for 5 min plus) to verify.

Pull in injector. 

Pressure clean it with solvent and compressed air. It will be spraying unevenly (assuming your TB swap included the injector, then skip this)

Start FILTERING your gas and start TREATING your gas, every tank.

Thanks, yes checked the clearances and they are fine, the complete throttle body had another injector in it, 

move had the pump out and looked OK , does the fuel pump filter come out on its own?

i had it running for a couple of minutes and fuel pressure 300-365 kpi, that no good?

7 hours ago, daverd said:

Thanks, yes checked the clearances and they are fine, the complete throttle body had another injector in it, 

move had the pump out and looked OK , does the fuel pump filter come out on its own?

i had it running for a couple of minutes and fuel pressure 300-365 kpi, that no good?

350 KSI is good, but you have to run the pump for at least 5 min so it can get hot.

The filter comes out and is replaced. You snap apart the cage.

Also inspect your stator pick up for ferrous debris, your plug cap, plug wire, and grounds.

Ok thanks will check that out, is there anychance the cam sprockets could move on the camshafts?, but it does sit there and idle perfect, also it has a standard import computer in it with a gytr muffler, is that ok