clutch slip after 10 mins

I have a 2005 drz 400, the clutch starts slipping after about 10mins of riding, I have change clutch springs and clutch plates but no luck, any ideas.

I have taken the plates from another working drz so did not require soaking

• Like 1

Yes it is the motorcycle oil that Hanford sell, which is wet clutch compatible, I'm not sure regarding the grooves, didn't look to be honest, but it appears to only be when it's got warm so would assume that any grooves would also cause problems when cold.

When it does get warm it starts to slip more and more.

No I also assumed they would be fine as they were working in the other bike, and they look quite new,  if the bike was getting too hot could it be the cause?

Sorry if this is too obvious but have you carefully inspected the cable? A while back a guy came on here with the exact same situation (old clutch slipped, brand new clutch slips too) and it turned out the cable was frayed causing it to hang up and not allow full engagement.

• Like 1

I have made it loose at the lever, but don't think I have checked the clutch end, will check tonight.

• Like 1

Beyond that the only other reason would be the oil . Changing it and using something different would fix that . Usually a clutch that starts slipping because of bad plates will first start slipping only in high gear , then get worse and slip sooner and in the lower gears but they often give plenty of warning . Unless a person is bogging in mud or sand getting everything hot and slipping the clutch to keep the rear wheel spinning , then it'll go out quickly.