ok this is odd to me. I have always used non-ethanol fuel in my pig, stock motor with a big gun exhaust. I ran out of fuel and had to put regular 93octane with 10% ethanol in . The next two times I started the bike it back fired? I don't know why? was it just me? or any ideas?

The E-10 doesn't burn as well and it also will run lean on the same size jets that are correct for pure gas.

• Like 1

ok I am starting to think another way, because this bike has an automatic decompression lobe on the exhaust cam. is it possible that it stuck open? the bike , at least to me, it seems that it rolled over a lot easier than normal. I have had this bike for a few years and it never did that before. it runs great and always has. it did stop back firing for now. only did it on the next 2 start ups.hmmm?

The more ethanol the leaner it will be. Jetted for E0 then running on E10 it will run like crap, I had mine all dialed in back when I lived in CT and they swapped from MTBE to ethanol at 10%, it was pretty traumatic. On E10 it never ran as well no matter the jetting.

• Like 1