Jump to content

Kudos to Rox Risers

Recommended Posts

Checked out the ones available here. Not satisfied with the look or feel, so ordered blems from Rox. Came today - and I can see no damage what so ever. $65 US and $15 shipping to Canada. No Customs charges or duty. Tracking number provided. Painless. Thumbs Up Rox - you Rock !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i did not know they did blems....ordered...now....uh....what cables am I going to have to lengthen? fairly certain throttle cables are too short. clearly the front brake is long enough stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to replace any cables with the 2 inch Rox risers.  Maybe just re-routing a bit, all I had to do was pull them out of the keeper on the left side of the fork.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems reasonable. i'll know in a couple of days when they show up I guess. can't beat damned near half off.

Edited by Crapflinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

throttle cables are definitely tight. as long as you're not pulling the bars back too far there's enough length. everything else is long enough.....just not the throttle cables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same experience. I had the 2" cushioned ones - and really liked them - but they wouldn't work with my HDB hand guards no matter what I did. Since I had even ground down a bit on those to try to fit the HDBs I sold them to a buddy and got regular 2" ones and saw the "blem" price. I could not tell they were anything but perfect.


I'm happy with them but those cushioned ones were so nice...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2017 at 4:19 PM, Crapflinger said:

throttle cables are definitely tight. as long as you're not pulling the bars back too far there's enough length. everything else is long enough.....just not the throttle cables.

I just fitted ROX risers with CR High bars...turn the throttle upside down so the cables are routed out of the bottom...cables are plenty long enough then

 

 

20170622_101946 (Medium).jpg

20170622_102001 (Medium).jpg

20170622_104442 (Medium).jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Crapflinger said:

remind me, does the throttle housing have a locator pin that needs to get gone or no?

I kept the pin in mine...I removed the ones in the switch gear tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Neilly said:

:p  I'm fine without one thanks  :bonk:

 

But ... but ... look how perty it fills the void ... :banana:  ...  and the thing is just flat out awesome ... :ride:  it is one of my favorite mods ... :wub: 

 

1394304777986.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gnath9 said:

But ... but ... look how perty it fills the void ... :banana:  ...  and the thing is just flat out awesome ... :ride:  it is one of my favorite mods ... :wub: 

 

Yes very pretty and shiny :rolleyes:...but not something I need where I ride  :p...if/when I chuck another 500 bucks at her it'll prob be on a BB 283 kit B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

 

Yes very pretty and shiny :rolleyes:...but not something I need where I ride  :p...if/when I chuck another 500 bucks at her it'll prob be on a BB 283 kit B)

It's only money and you can't take it with ya when you go ..... :lol:           I'm just messing with ya ... :goofy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gnath9 said:

It's only money and you can't take it with ya when you go ..... :lol:           I'm just messing with ya ... :goofy:

Yeah I know you are  :cheers:...I've sort of run out of things I want to modify :unsure:...she goes, stops and handles as I want her to now (only took three years :rolleyes:)...I did spend a day hunting for a CBR300 engine a few days ago...no luck tho. The only place I could find them was the States...nothing in my part of the world :banghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I did spend a day hunting for a CBR300 engine a few days ago...no luck tho.

I honestly think that if you know some people or get hooked up with some that know their stuff that just adding a higher compression piston and have some valve work with porting and flow benching you could easily get about 5 or so more ponies out of this bike and probably not even reduce its longevity. the problem is getting hooked up with the right people. 

 

I am expecting 4 more ponies by just bolting that new head I have on there. That should bring me up to about 29hp ....   :banana: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neilly said:

I did spend a day hunting for a CBR300 engine a few days ago...no luck tho.

I even went to Honda Thailand to see about the price of a complete new engine. No part number for it - would have to buy it part by part - and impossible to find a wrecked bike. They all get repaired as labour cost is so low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gnath9 said:

the problem is getting hooked up with the right people. 

 

 

That sums it up...I did consider doing the 286 conversion myself...but a tiny bit of me says why feck with something that's running fine :unsure:

5 hours ago, seedy said:

I even went to Honda Thailand to see about the price of a complete new engine. No part number for it - would have to buy it part by part - and impossible to find a wrecked bike. They all get repaired as labour cost is so low.

I did look on the internet to see if I could find the price of a complete engine as well...nope. You and I both know that nothing gets scrapped in Thailand so didn't even bother looking

5 hours ago, gnath9 said:

Or buy a new CBR300R and do and engine swap and then sell the CBR250L ............. :lol:

It's a shame the engines are different colours, as there are a few rental places around the island :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×