YZ450 purchase ??

Looking at picking up a YZ450, either a new leftover '17 for $7300 or a mint cond '16 with about 40 hrs on it and some other add ons (PC suspension, SDG non slip seat cover, Renthal bars) guy is asking $6300. So is the '17 worth the extra cost or am I better off with the '16, I'll be using this for dunes and track only and I'm only intermediate at best.

This is stated in his add "It has a SDG Non-Slip Seat, Factory Connection Suspension, Renthal Twinwall Handlebars, Pro Taper Grips, Oversized front rotor, Excel wheels,"

So what's better this used or a new one?

23 minutes ago, Wrfrk said:

Looking at picking up a YZ450, either a new leftover '17 for $7300 or a mint cond '16 with about 40 hrs on it and some other add ons (PC suspension, SDG non slip seat cover, Renthal bars) guy is asking $6300. So is the '17 worth the extra cost or am I better off with the '16, I'll be using this for dunes and track only and I'm only intermediate at best.

This is stated in his add "It has a SDG Non-Slip Seat, Factory Connection Suspension, Renthal Twinwall Handlebars, Pro Taper Grips, Oversized front rotor, Excel wheels,"

So what's better this used or a new one?

I'd get the new one and enjoy every hour from zero. Whenever I get a new bike I put Works Connection protection on it before the bike gets ridden. The YZ is very good stock so it doesn't need much in the way of mods. I did put a longer link on mine to drop the back end for turning and a 280 Braking rotor but that was it. The suspension and power are amazing! 

2016 and 2017 are the same, so up to you if the extra hours and bling a worth the price difference.  Also consider the Blu Cru incentive on new bikes, it was $300 last I checked.

Personally, I'd wait a few weeks and see if the price on a new 2017 leftover drops. The 2018 will be a new bike and should be stateside in the coming months, so it should drive down the asking price on the earlier models.

• Like 2

Dang I was hoping to get more response...

Smart money says get the 16 and wait a couple yrs for the new model...

7 hours ago, Wrfrk said:

Dang I was hoping to get more response...

Smart money says get the 16 and wait a couple yrs for the new model...

You're lack of responses is because both bikes are very close in value and you'll likely be happy with both. Since the new bike was just announced today you have another option albeit more expensive. YZ's are very reliable so whatever you decide you can count on having it for many trouble free years. 

I just bought the '16, it was mint and $6300 was hard to turn down... 

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Edited by Wrfrk
  • Like 2