2017 ktm 250sxf battery problems.

I have a brand new 2017 ktm 250sxf and it has about 35 close to 40 hours (guessing from last time I checked hour meter) but the electric start won't work anymore, it started right up, rode it for a bit, shit it off and wouldn't start back up. To start not I have to roll start or bump start whichever you wanna call it. But does anyone know what could be the problem? Or why it did this?(this is my first ktm but I have had plenty of experience with bikes)

Most likely the battery has died

Well it started up that day no problem then I started riding and stopped for like 6-7 min and it wouldn't start. We hooked it up to a battery tender and it showed about 80% and we left it in there till 100% and when we tried it would show that it went completely dead. We can leave it set for awhile then press the button and it will click once but nothing else.

Yep that's a dead battery I just purchased a 17 250sxf and the first thing I wanted to do was upgrade my battery. But I have to swap out for a 17 350xcf battery box to fit the shoria battery I have.

So I should go get a better battery

On my 15 250sxf I had the shoria lithium ion battery and it's amazing. I'm going to do the battery box upgrade so I can use it. I recommend doing it to so you can fit a bigger and better battery. With the stock battery box there are not many options but any lithium battery with decent cranking power is good. The bigger battery box is around $25 and pretty easy to install.