2005 Rmz 450 valve cover torque specs...still waiting on manual.

Anyone know the torque specs for the 2 Allen bolts that hold valve cover in place? Also I'm waiting on a manual and think i need a little silicon on the valve cover gasket it seems to be seeping just a tiny bit not even enough to drip on the brake side and thats it. This was an easy job. Thanks all.

Google search "2005 rmz service manual download".its free. But I can tell you not to torque those valve cover bolts down very much. I'm currently having to helicoil the threads. Just snug with a 1/4 in ratchet

......ya figured out why i got such a good deal...previous owner stripped exhaust cam journal (valve cover thread) so I got it heli coiled..put it back together today seems to be working just fine

If that's all that's wrong with it then that's great:thumbsup: I got a good deal on mine as well, just kind of a friend who has enough money so he'd rather sell it for a good price to someone he knows who could use it. It's needed nothing, other uh, the bolts I've ruined lol.

• Like 1

Yep..i love mine. I don't want any other bike. Thinking of ordering that wrench rabbit full top and bottom rebuild kit but am curious of vertex pistons always used weisco in the past.

• Like 1

Only beef with it is the 4 speed box. If this thing had a wide ratio 5 or 6 speed it would be so perfect.

the one thing I may do is upgrade the front brake to oversized rotor/crf450 front brake.

but really, a really great machine. The engine is perfect. I'm a die hard 2 stroke guy, but Suzukis are a 4 stroke il always consider.

now, if only they would remake the rmx250 2 stroke!! That would be the perfect machine. In fact, I am considering chasing down a 90s rmx. Those are sweet

13 hours ago, YZF1825 said:

Yep..i love mine. I don't want any other bike. Thinking of ordering that wrench rabbit full top and bottom rebuild kit but am curious of vertex pistons always used weisco in the past.

Vertex is top quality! They are as good as any other brand on the market.