You think this is legit?

Looking on CL and came across this. Smoking hot deal.... $5k for a '17 with no title, yea right. I took a screen shot so you guys could see the ad before it gets deleted.

20170612_091359.png

I doubt its legit.   Pic looks like it was taken in an alleyway,  price is waaaay too low.  thats like a $10k bike.  every dealer issues a certificate of origin upon delivery so thats BS.  Also trade for Banshee???? seriously??  AKA the quad of choice for wheelie gangs.   +1 to Run the vin though and if its clear then scoop it up quick

Sheet tell em you will buy it!, BUT you want to make the deal at your local cop shop.  IF it's legit they will go for the deal.  If they do have the cops check the vin before you make the deal.  

Ps.  There is always a chance that it's stolen and the guy who is selling it is the sucker that bought it from the thief.

Edited by GasitandCrash
Clairity and grammer.

10 minutes ago, GasitandCrash said:

There is always a chance that it's stolen and the guy who is selling it is the sucker that bought it from the thief.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to buy it if it checks out, but I highly doubt it. Awaiting response from the seller.

Gonna go with the theory that the bike is stolen and that also explains why someone would ever trade a Banshee for a 2017 bike. I wouldn't deal with sketchy people like that even if it was legit.

• Like 1

That's a scam. Buddy of mine called one time on a deal like that and guy never returned his calls 

A bike shop was broken into in CT recently and one of the bikes stolen was an xcw 2017. Manchester honda/ktm  is the shop. Maby send the ad to those guys. Or see if you can get vin

• Like 1

Scam, just like the guys who have an 18,000 dollar tractor for sale in Michigan for 5 grand.  The pics have palm trees in them.  Last time I checked we don't have palm trees here.  My guess is that pic was taken off the internet, bet he doesn't even have the bike. 

• Like 2

I agree 99% of the time those are scams. But what sticks out to me is saying they want to trade for a banshee usually the scams dont offer a trade. Also already the ad stating there is no title. Woudnt hurt to try to contact guy and get vin. Is there any chance you could post the ad for link. Would love to see a chance of some scum bag bike thief's getting caught. Alot of bikes have been getting stolen and shops getting broken into in the new England area. 

Edited by yamaha86421

Hey give the poor guy a break! Maybe he read how shitty the 17's are and he wants to cut his losses! Bad cheap ass soft as a lounge chair springs. Even after upgrading springs you got that stink bug thing going on! Good luck with your jetting! Lectrons suck on the mikuni s as does factory jets. Even JD kit you need to buy different needle jets! Then you got that timing issue like 15 degrees off that you'll never have power like the older bikes. Not to mention that flimsy ass airfilter that gets a hole poked in it from the cage! Damn you gotta put 2 bolts in to hold the seat down! 2! And they're a bear to line up!  Some guys even put a mark on their with a sharpie to show them when it's lined up!!! Anybody got a banshee to trade my 17 for? LMAO 

• Like 2

Forgot to mention he's probably afraid to burn up his starter and he's too paranoid to use the kicker in case the case cracks! 

Ok I'm done now lol 

• Like 1

Forgot to mention he's probably afraid to burn up his starter and he's too paranoid to use the kicker in case the case cracks! 
Ok I'm done now lol 

Hack trail riders have no business buying race bikes.

I've seen a few bikes for sale with leins against them. The VIN won't show as stolen but the bank owns the bike. 

He could owe 12k and you'd be forced to pay or return the bike. 

3 hours ago, markit said:

Hack trail riders have no business buying race bikes.emoji47.png

God I hope u know I'm joking, right? lol 

• Like 2

The only people worse than someone selling a new bike for half price are the people who call and inquire about said bike.

I got a cherry Hayabusa that way, rich girl bought it for dirtbag boyfriend, boyfriend boned rich girl's friend, rich girl sold bike to me for 5k. I got an almost new YFZ450R from a dentist who bought it for his spoiled daughter, they had a falling out and he was in the shop inquiring about a consignment sale, I made a stupid low offer and he took it on the spot. You just never know.
  • Like 1