Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a bike that's good for greenlaning aswell as on the mx tracks. I want 2stroke and at the moment I'm looking at the KTM EXC 200. It needs to be road legal for the lanes but I want it light enough for the track. I'm not a super rider either hence not wanting a exc300 as probs to much power.

I'm just curious as to what other bikes there are other than the exc? Price limit is £2,500.

Cheers for any help you can provide!

Edited by rmpurps

You're probably not getting much response simply because there is no good MX race bike that is also a good dual sport for tooling around on the back roads.  It's akin to asking what's a good exotic sports car that I can race on the weekend and tow my construction trailer with during the week?

If it was me, I'd get a proper MXbike for the track.  Then pick up a cheap dual sport beater for tooling around on the back roads.  The dual sport can be a bit of a inexpensive project bike because they don't have to be a cutting edge bike for you to have fun running down the back roads.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply,

My issue is I can't afford two bikes so I'm trying to find one that would best suit despite it not being ideal as you mentioned. 

I'm also curious as to what bikes there are that rival the EXC200 or if that will just be the best option?

• Like 1

I'm Oxfordshire based so have Salisbury about an hour away and a few tracks near me. All my riding has been green lane so I'm a complete novice on track but want to have a go now and then which is why I thought it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference if it was a good track bike as I wouldn't know the difference ?

I've been looking for road legal day mot mx bikes but they're hard to find it seems?