I own a 2005 RMZ 450 and a 2004 RMZ 250 they both have exhaust valve problems getting sucked into the head, i was talking to someone and they said i might be running to much octain, and all i should run is high octain from the pump with no Ethanoll, and no octain boost? Could this be why my valves are getting sucked into the heads?

2 hours ago, Riley355778 said:

I own a 2005 RMZ 450 and a 2004 RMZ 250 they both have exhaust valve problems getting sucked into the head, i was talking to someone and they said i might be running to much octain, and all i should run is high octain from the pump with no Ethanoll, and no octain boost? Could this be why my valves are getting sucked into the heads?

Where 'octane' is concerned, your friend is using guesses and stories.    Getting a manual and reading it will give you some advantages when it comes to describing what is happening inside your engine.   Valve wear happens.  It happens faster to those who don't maintain the right.  Get the manual,  READ the manual,  and READ it again. 

• Like 1