yz450f Video: The all-new 2018 Yamaha YZ450F With Electric Start

More of a Yami promo commercial, but a good watch none the less.

Prepare to connect with your bike like never before. The all-new 2018 Yamaha YZ450F with electric start is the world’s first and only production MX bike with a revolutionary power tuner smartphone app that lets you dial in engine settings for your specific style and conditions. The result? A connection so intuitive, your bike instantly responds to your every command – and puts you in the victorYZone. http://yamaha.us/YYZ450F

• Like 4

Yamaha iYZ450F :lol:

Yamaha breaks new ground with the new Yamaha YZ450F Power Tuner smartphone app, putting the flexibility and precision tunability of the GYTR® Power Tuner into your smartphone. Make fueling and ignition timing changes instantly and upload them to the bike via the onboard WiFi system for the ultimate in trackside tuning. 2018 Yamaha YZ450F: http://yamaha.us/YYZ450F

• Like 1

I hope that heavy pig has lost some serious weight & front end handling has been fixed? if these 2 issues haven't been addressed then this bikes a waste of time if they have i will be buying one.

6 hours ago, throttle violence said:

I hope the trolls in this forum have lost some serious attitude & front of their faces have been improved..? if these 2 issues haven't been addressed then this forum is a waste of time; if they have then i will be so happy.

fixed it for ya

Always someone. 

21 hours ago, Torrture said:

All new everything. Magazines rip the bike for being too wide. Addressed. Public seems to want estart. Done. Want to tune the bike from your phone without buying an expensive tuner? Done. Updated ergos? Yep. Etc, etc.......

Still not happy? Don't by one. 

Trying to make me miserable along with you? You're wasting your time.

11 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

fixed it for ya

I'm no troll buddy but a genuine buyer my current 13 yz450 is a heavy bike and doesn't handle comparing it to the current KTM'S, HUSKYS & KX'S they need to get their shit together on this one as i would love to update 

I'm no troll buddy but a genuine buyer my current 13 yz450 is a heavy bike and doesn't handle comparing it to the current KTM'S, HUSKYS & KX'S they need to get their shit together on this one as i would love to update 

your "current 13" compared to "current" 17 ktm's and huskys? Maybe start by at least comparing bikes of the same year!
  • Like 1

The '14's (Gen4) were a significant improvement over the Gen3 ('10-'13) models as it was.  We're now moving into Gen5, so you're two steps behind and trying to criticize something you haven't kept up with. 

In any case, for every rider who complains that the handling of the Gen3 bikes was sketchy, there are two who think it was an improvement over the Gen2's relatively lazy and push prone behavior (which was itself a big improvement over the steel framed Gen1).  Frankly, many of the complaints originate in a combination of the failure to dial the bike in,  and a refusal to adapt to the bike, rather than expect the bike to adapt to the rider.

Your opinion is noted, nevertheless.

• Like 1

Dam bike has its own app and and I still ride a bike with a carb. My carb even bogs bro!

On 6/13/2017 at 1:05 PM, grayracer513 said:

Always someone. 

Still not happy? Don't by one. 

Trying to make me miserable along with you? You're wasting your time.

Agreed. New bike looks great to me. Should be a solid offering. I understand they've tweaked the suspension settings, so I'm curious what that will do to a class-leading fork.

Well, I want one. But I don't need one, hell I can't begin to ride my 05 to its potential. But it sure looks like it's gonna rock and just think of what you get for the price compared to a bike of equal cost......say an orange two stroke.....that you have to rejet a carburetor, and mix gas and oil................oh and use a rubber band to hold the kickstand up.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell/know if the shock and forks are same as previous model? I have ohlins shock & cartridges that will hopefully fit??

Wow very impressive Yamaha, I like it a lot. Looks like they've addressed some issues and added more features. Way too go.

2 hours ago, Maiphut said:

Wow very impressive Yamaha, I like it a lot. Looks like they've addressed some issues and added more features. Way too go.

Bike looks slimmer, for sure.

On June 13, 2017 at 2:36 AM, throttle violence said:

I hope that heavy pig has lost some serious weight & front end handling has been fixed? if these 2 issues haven't been addressed then this bikes a waste of time if they have i will be buying one.

Only lost 2lbs over last year, looks like weight savings came from less fuel capacity, 1.6 gal now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Not sponsored said:

Only lost 2lbs over last year, looks like weight savings came from less fuel capacity, 1.6 gal now.

Yeah your right smaller tank and they weigh there bike wet, such a pitty i don't know why Yamaha doesn't improve in this area when Huskys Ktm's are down around the 100kg mark, tight single trails you really notice the extra weight (8kg) is a fair bit