1,787 posts in this topic

Looks fantastic. Def slimmer. The button is nice. Suspension will still be top-notch and motor likely will be a monster, as it has been. Hopefully the geometry is a win with the pros.

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Looks fantastic. Def slimmer. The button is nice. Suspension will still be top-notch and motor likely will be a monster, as it has been. Hopefully the geometry is a win with the pros.

The button worries me only because there is a new case. I guess what I am concerned with is durability verses weight. 

I do think the app for the phone is really cool. I noticed new cartridges for the forks, wonder what is up with dat?

I did not like the part where they said they worked on stability, that was the last thing a Yamaha needed. I feel I can take my hands off of the bars over breaking bumps (not really) and chuck holes. I hope they put some feel in the front end. I have a feeling issue with it which is odd since it still has springs which is why I continued with the 09.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, jz125 said:

The button worries me only because there is a new case. I guess what I am concerned with is durability verses weight. 

I do think the app for the phone is really cool. I noticed new cartridges for the forks, wonder what is up with dat?

I did not like the part where they said they worked on stability, that was the last thing a Yamaha needed. I feel I can take my hands off of the bars over breaking bumps (not really) and chuck holes. I hope they put some feel in the front end. I have a feeling issue with it which is odd since it still has springs which is why I continued with the 09.

Ya. According to the Yamaha site, it lost 2lbs. So that is pretty cool, considering the addition of the e-button. Sure, I'd love to see it even less though lol. The phone app is cool, but I like the current tool also. Not sure what to think about fork cartridge but we can bank on the suspension being awesome, I'm sure. The only thing I can think of about the stability if like getting rid of the jittery front end in corners. But ya, I know what you mean. At speed under accel, everyone knows YZs go straight as an arrow. Who knows, I'm just hoping it's good. I believe in the direction Yamaha is heading, it just needs tweaked to iron out some small issues. I still think the current 250 is close to perfect though.

2 people like this

Look at the BluCru innovation!  

Added e-start, lost 2 lbs in the process.

Onboard wifi, edit / swap fuel / ignition maps using your smartphone?  KTM doesn't even let the end user edit mapping period, Yamaha lets you use your phone!  

6 people like this

If I was on an opposing team, I'd be behind the gate with my cell phone trying to hack into the YZ's and give them all like 10 horsepower :devil:.  

19 people like this

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

If I was on an opposing team, I'd be behind the gate with my cell phone trying to hack into the YZ's and give them all like 10 horsepower :devil:.  

lol

You just know the Russian teams in MXGP will have a head start on that strategy.

10 people like this

I think the app on the phone is a very clever idea , ktm should have done that, they got that right and copied a few of ktms ideas, finally some forward progress

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, mog said:

I think the app on the phone is a very clever idea , ktm should have done that, they got that right and copied a few of ktms ideas, finally some forward progress

What from KTM was copied?

4 people like this

Maybe Webb gets one and it transforms his season like the 08 did for Langston

Doubt it :thumbsdn: 

3 people like this

21 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

Maybe Webb gets one and it transforms his season like the 08 did for Langston

Doubt it :thumbsdn: 

I hope so. But still tough to gauge a rookie enough to blame the bike, in my opinion. I still think it would be cool if he gets it and turns it around. Even if it isn't the bike, as much as it is the experience, that is great marketing for Yamaha.

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, ah665 said:

I hope so. But still tough to gauge a rookie enough to blame the bike, in my opinion

I would agree if we were just talking SX but the Nationals? He rode the same bike at last years MXON and looked great until he fell. The year before he rode the 450 and looked good

I think what is holding him back this year is between his ears and the bike is just a convenient excuse 

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, meyermetal said:

Maybe Webb gets one and it transforms his season like the 08 did for Langston '12 did for RV.

Edited by redrider144
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, meyermetal said:

I would agree if we were just talking SX but the Nationals? He rode the same bike at last years MXON and looked great until he fell. The year before he rode the 450 and looked good

I think what is holding him back this year is between his ears and the bike is just a convenient excuse 

Nailed it! Ya Coop got a big boy lesson and seems way more humble lately

5 people like this

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

Wrong manufacture :naughty:

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

What from KTM was copied?

Having the balls to admit that E start is clearly an advantage on an MX bike.

Good on Yamaha. Now they need to make a WR250 out of the YZ250X and we can all live happily ever after.

6 people like this

It sounds like a step in the right direction, some of the recent Yamaha 450s that I have ridden seem a slightly bulky, and really tight up front in the corners (all the ones I have ridden have upgraded suspension, but all the owners were close to me in size and weight).  I was a Honda guy all my life, and even upgraded, Hondas sort of float or flow through the corners (to me this means you can use more throttle in the corners),  this is probably do to the frame and how it flexes... Recently I switched to riding KTMs and so far for me its been a whole new world.  

2 people like this

What does this thread have to do with pro racing? Move it to the Yamasection...

5 people like this