Boy the thread that keeps giving. My question is this before you throw your next rock; if you eat orange you attack blue, you eat blue you attack orange. Thought about why that might be since there are more colored Skittles than those two?

1 hour ago, meyermetal said:

The only thing the YZ has over the KTM is suspension and that isn't even that wide of a gap anymore

If I ever buy another YZ250 it will be a clapped out used POS that needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Once done it would be the same or better than the 2018's sitting on dealer floors and cheaper 

The YZ 250 is still great, it took KTM 10 years to catch up to it.  It could use a redesign of the power valve though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

The YZ 250 is still great, it took KTM 10 years to catch up to it.  It could use a redesign of the power valve though.

KTM was smoking yamaha way before that in shootouts.  Having ridden a 12 ktm 250 quite a lot and some yz 250's theres no comparison.

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

KTM was smoking yamaha way before that in shootouts.  Having ridden a 12 ktm 250 quite a lot and some yz 250's theres no comparison.

You're delusional, but I believe that you believe it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

You're delusional, but I believe that you believe it.  

I believe you don't believe the YZ was as good as the KTM as early as 10.

6 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

Ktm owners make me laugh, they write stuff like this and then we wait at the starting line while they try to get that pos started. And again, stop talking about minibikes.... a yz450 is indestructible. It's what I said ya jerk, I also said I could give a rats ass about 250 four strokes. They are anemic (I've already said this ass well), have no bottom require a million shifts and the one that I did get didn't last a season. I weigh 200 pounds, not all muscle, but not all fat, and before you make some weird English joke about being fat I'll remind you I will attack your teeth in a hurry.... why would I rev to 14k when I can buy a 2 stroke with more power stock? And with homolagation rules be legal for the same classes.... seems 250f bikes are just a money trap, set out by manufacturers, hell bent on giving people such as you the ability to say "I was at 14k rpms!" When it still wasn't doing shit.

This section is exciting.

In the "barcia thread" the talk is about PROS not being able to ride 450s the way the ride 250s, yet 250f is suddenly a weak shitbike when it comes to amateurs. 

• Like 4

This section is exciting.

In the "barcia thread" the talk is about PROS not being able to ride 450s the way the ride 250s, yet 250f is suddenly a weak shitbike when it comes to amateurs. 

Considering pros 250s were making similar hp as a stock 450....you can see your own error. Stock 250 thumpers are lame.
  • Like 2

Just now, hondaman331 said:

Considering pros 250s were making similar hp as a stock 450....you can see your own error. Stock 250 thumpers are lame.

If you mean that -10 hp is "similar" then I do know what you mean, except it got a shitload more torque. 

But yeah, stock sub-40hp 250fs are lame. Thats why we buy the 44hp ones.

• Like 1

If you mean that -10 hp is "similar" then I do know what you mean, except it got a shitload more torque. 

But yeah, stock sub-40hp 250fs are lame. Thats why we buy the 44hp ones.....and don't ride them anywhere near where those extra 5hp are.

Fixed it for you.
  • Like 1

Just now, hondaman331 said:

Fixed it for you.

Weird. At the track I hear them playing against the revlimiter all the time and we (europe) got way harsher tracks than "highway"-muricans. The only ones not riding them like that are daddies being able to "couch-ride" the 450s because of that torque and they think "Im about to blow it up" when they pass 8k rpm.

Seriously, what is going on here? Is the SXF250s and FC250s so far ahead you claim we need 450s now? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wessmen said:

But yeah, stock sub-40hp 250fs are lame. Thats why we buy the 44hp ones.

AMart said in an interview when comparing the KTM to the Yamaha that he clearly felt the Yamaha more oomph.

Drag racers do not even use peak horsepower figures. They are meaningless except in the locker room. A good spread of power is likely going to produce way better results which may have been what AMart felt.

I want to throw my hat in and say the Yamaha is just a better bike for me. I want comfort. If a bike is too twitchy and too hair trigger i lose confidence. I can ride my YZ450F just under the power band with a little clutch but torque is never far away. I certainly do not have to rev it to the moon either. The suspension has literally saved my stupid rear end i can't tell you how many times. 

KTM makes impressive horsepower numbers but it is a race bike i feel can be ridden by your average joe, just not effectively. You also have to bear in mind, the harder an engine works, the quicker it is going to wear. Horsepower is not a tangible number, it is an indication of the engines ability to work and how quickly. 

I come out of the drag racing world as well. My friend (no name dropping) has a Reher and Morrison 632 that gets bearings, push rods, rings, maybe pistons, cam bearing, and springs every 10 to 12 passes if it makes it. It gets pulled from the car after the season and sent to Buddy morrison every season. Car has gone 192 in the 1/8 but the data shows more is left.

My point is if i was minimum a fast intermediate to slow pro, i would just go down to my local dealer pick up a SX-F and be done with it. The modification it needs are my numbers stuck on. But i am a weekend warrior who still is healing and i have to  use what keeps me off the ground, going at my peak pace, and doesn't consume huge $ to keep riding. There is no other bike that fits that then Yamaha and it is not like the parts put on them are cheap either. There not Neken bars, and the like but dude the hardware is stout.

My $.02. I think it is a kind of a neat under dog story though how KTM went after the mighty 4. It is cool and we benefit. I will also say this, at least Yamaha has some pride and is going after KTM and even HD, albiet tentatively

• Like 2

Any person recovering from injury would benefit from the reduced weight of the sxf ?

Another KTM component failure at the last HS race of the season today. That's about 5 now in the last two weeks from people I ride with on new or almost new machines.

Rear axle snapped. 

IMG_0494.JPG

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ckny said:

Another KTM component failure at the last HS race of the season today. That's about 5 now in the last two weeks from people I ride with on new or almost new machines.

Rear axle snapped. 

IMG_0494.JPG

But it's the lightest axle in the industry!  Aren't you glad the KTMs are so lightweight?  

• Like 9

Lol axle snapped , that bike looks like it's been to the moon and back

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

But it's the lightest axle in the industry!  Aren't you glad the KTMs are so lightweight?  

I'm sure it could t have anything to do with that genius design that no one understands why they fix the axle to the block...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Casing-daily said:

I'm sure it could t have anything to do with that genius design that no one understands why they fix the axle to the block...

No wonder I see people mentioning retrofitting Japanese axles to their KTMs.

• Like 2