Dzus come undone hence why they recessed them, ktm dropped them as a bad way of doing it , I was happy Yamaha picked up ktm cast offs

2 hours ago, wes513v said:

You can't read, can you?

Another post with nothing achieved, not even trying to defend it anymore. Great job. 

Now take your time and explain how way superior components is a shit bike for 400$ difference.

You cant even get a pipe for that money. Oh but, you can get two Yama-tuners!

Its amazing that a few people still think we are here to thrash Yamaha when its a great bike. What is actually happening is Wes making incorrect claims.

But he made me understand with his commets about the fasterners on filter. 

"If it gets the job done"-mentality. I get why you dont give a shit about Brembo brakes and Galfer rotors because as long as braking slows down the Yamaha its great! The fact that it got alot better stopping power and feel isnt in your concern. 

I could go on with every point but its clearly you dont care. 

"A car is a car and gets you from A to B".

Edited by Wessmen
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mog said:

Dzus come undone hence why they recessed them, ktm dropped them as a bad way of doing it , I was happy Yamaha picked up ktm cast offs

Ya if your knee is pushing back and forth. The top one has never come out on my bike or anyone that I know. Now that the 17 has the side fasteners recessed, it is not an issue. Besides, the 18 airbox design is much better, just like the Cycra 14-17 design (which is much better than the 14-17 oem set-up).

I agree, the current 450 isn't going to go down as 1 of the best bikes ever, but I do believe that the current 250 is. And I don't think the 450 is far off. If the '18 is advertised, then there shouldn't be much for Yam 450 riders to worry about, similar to the luxury that the Yam 250 riders enjoy, along with current KTM 250/450 riders.

• Like 1

Another post with nothing achieved, not even trying to defend it anymore. Great job. 
Now take your time and explain how way superior components is a shit bike for 400$ difference.
You cant even get a pipe for that money. Oh but, you can get two Yama-tuners!

Its amazing that a few people still think we are here to thrash Yamaha when its a great bike. What is actually happening is Wes making incorrect claims.
But he made me understand with his commets about the fasterners on filter. 
"If it gets the job done"-mentality. I get why you dont give a shit about Brembo brakes and Galfer rotors because as long as braking slows down the Yamaha its great! The fact that it got alot better stopping power and feel isnt in your concern. 
I could go on with every point but its clearly you dont care. 
"A car is a car and gets you from A to B".

Why waste time anymore responding anymore? You clearly can't understand what you read or you wouldn't write half the stupid things you have. The ktms are ok, the owners tend to be idiots, that's why we troll them incessantly(look it up if you don't know what it means). If you guys ever learn the difference between a fact and an opinion then we could probably have a discussion, but it seems to evade you on a consistent basis.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wes79v said:

Why waste time anymore responding anymore? You clearly can't understand what you read or you wouldn't write half the stupid things you have. The ktms are ok, the owners tend to be idiots, that's why we troll them incessantly(look it up if you don't know what it means). If you guys ever learn the difference between a fact and an opinion then we could probably have a discussion, but it seems to evade you on a consistent basis.

New burner account eh Wes?   

• Like 3

What about those National Hare&Hound results Mog?  Looks like I see several Yamahas giving KTM the business.

20 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

New burner account eh Wes?   

I was just going to say.  Seems a lot of Weses/Wes/Wessman's around lately 

• Like 3

Red like you others talk of Yamaha but they spend money on ktms !

• Like 1

Here's something Wes might struggle to understand some more facts ( he will call them opinions as he really doesnt understand the difference)

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.ktmgroup.com/globalassets/media/files/financial-reports/2017/gb2016-e_web.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwis7P2xu83UAhVqDMAKHcBwAysQFggrMAE&usg=AFQjCNH62_TphDYgAmjMYvzXG8qpEYYxyg&sig2=GUOPHR4w1NkbgoOf4bPbbw

Ktm world sales from 2015 to 16 ( in one year for Wes)

11% increase in sales total

21% increase in off-road bike sales

America only counts for 25% of world sales , twice as many bikes sold in Europe ( USA will end up having a much higher number in 17 imo )

Being as the mx market as far as I'm aware is not changing much what does this mean ?

Well Yamaha global sales have fallen last time I looked (10%)

Ktm sales increasing by 21%, any one care to draw a graph of what happens as one company looses sales as another increases ? It's to help Wes as it's really complex

Only thing with the Dzus fasteners was that on the 15, they caught your knees and came undone. I believe the 17 is recessed, so it is a non-issue. I went with the Cycra plastic and use their hardware on the sides (you have to) but still use the Dzus on the top of the airbox and it works great. Stupid thing to complain about, in my opinion, and they certainly aren't crap. I'm by no means going to trash talk the KTM though, as I do believe they are the top 450 right now. But the Yamaha isn't a bad bike. Yes, KTM has multiple pro teams with good riders, which is great. But local and high level Am racing shows the YZ to still be 1 of the top bikes, both 450 and 250. So arguing that it is a bad bike is just silly. Both good bikes. If you have a YZF and a guy on a KTM beats you every week, guess what, if you swap bikes you are still getting beat. Don't kid yourself, there. The Yam 450 needs some tweaks and I believe the '18 might be everything it needs. Even if it isn't, it'll still be a good bike.

The only thing with the fastener was it came undone....thats why ktm got rid

There both great bikes, here is the national Hare and hound results. As you can see, no longer is KTM dominating this type of off road racing. Results speak for themselves. You guys act like Yamaha is third rate.IMG_0770.thumb.PNG.9c1fb95b7ca01cf88143b2e4ab63ffd1.PNG 

Just in case you say that is just one race!

IMG_0771.thumb.PNG.2b54697e634fc2b6cd3ab5cf58ff005b.PNG

15 of 32 ktm or husky ? Sorry is that not enough ?

17 in the other one you pointed out , what counts to you as dominating? Does ktm have to have 75% of the places ?

You understand ktm and husky have 50 % of the bikes in your chosen area but they are 2 brands of a total of 6? Counting all the smaller ones all as one brand

1 minute ago, mog said:

15 of 32 ktm or husky ? Sorry is that not enough ?

I see 3 Yamahas finished ahead of the first KTM.  Hmm.

• Like 1

Lol no domination just 50 %.....

I see 3 Yamahas finished ahead of the first KTM.  Hmm.

Ktm on those sheets came 1st and 2nd and Yamaha behind that ? You drunk?

8 minutes ago, mog said:

Ktm on those sheets came 1st and 2nd and Yamaha behind that ? You drunk?

That's round 5, which had 3 out of the top 5 on Yamaha.  

Look at round 4.  3 Yamahas ahead of the 1st KTM.  Are you drunk?

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

That's a washed up ex pro, someone known to always want to stir shit up to get attention. Apparently he can't set up a bike either, because that's what he said. He couldn't get it to where he was comfortable. His inability doesn't equate to the bike being a problem.

Weakest answer ever in the history of tt , asks for a pro to come out and say it's crap , gets what he asks for , then the pro is an idiot and can't set up bikes , gets paid to do tests but Wes says we can't trust him as he says it's crap, wes you never cease to amaze me with your swinging

The article you referenced was talking about the '10 to '13 bike.  Not '14 - '17.  
We've heard all about how bad the Yamaha handling is on bikes you've never owned.  Now I want to hear your tear apart the KTM 4CS forks on bikes you've never owned.

But you stated you liked the 4cs , are you bipolar ?

Here's something Wes might struggle to understand some more facts ( he will call them opinions as he really doesnt understand the difference)

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.ktmgroup.com/globalassets/media/files/financial-reports/2017/gb2016-e_web.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwis7P2xu83UAhVqDMAKHcBwAysQFggrMAE&usg=AFQjCNH62_TphDYgAmjMYvzXG8qpEYYxyg&sig2=GUOPHR4w1NkbgoOf4bPbbw

Ktm world sales from 2015 to 16 ( in one year for Wes)

11% increase in sales total
21% increase in off-road bike sales
America only counts for 25% of world sales , twice as many bikes sold in Europe ( USA will end up having a much higher number in 17 imo )

Being as the mx market as far as I'm aware is not changing much what does this mean ?

Well Yamaha global sales have fallen last time I looked (10%)

Ktm sales increasing by 21%, any one care to draw a graph of what happens as one company looses sales as another increases ? It's to help Wes as it's really complex

How many units overall Mog? Who sells the most bikes by a wide margin Mog? Percentages show little except how they fared against their previous numbers. I'd assume you knew that, and you probably do, but it doesn't support the point you want to make. Again, facts getting in the way of your desired outcome. Open your eyes Mog, Yamaha yawns at the numbers you posted. You tried this with Australia's numbers and failed miserably. It's surprising you tried to go back to the well again.
  • Like 1