Once we get under the control of the ingnorant buying public and corprate bean counter we all are tempted to build what sucks.

Ive been in product development for years. Often the engineers ( the older ones anyway) have a good idea whats best, BUT there is the buyer influance that has to be managed. You end up finding yourself making design decisions based on what the buyer thinks they want just so you dont generate too much negative press from the get go. The Aluminum frame is a case in point. 

KTM is to be respected for taking the chance and proving the steel case.

At the moment I am working on an audio transducer design. It can be made with mostly with no exotic parts and get a performance that no one will hear the differance with. However in the mind of the high end crowed there is an asumption that no matter the data says the exotic has to be better so I am tempted to build to their religious belief. I refuse to do it and will at least at first pay a price for sticking to the truth but in time my hope is that reality will win. If it doesnt so be it.

Anyway now with the fast spread of "info" on the net the situation is even worse. 

We all owe companys like KTM gratitude for exposing the design flaws of product design driven by fake news.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mog said:

Mxgp have had full factory effort for years , no joy, they have flashes of brilliance but it's like the ama bikes it won't seemingly work week I week out with any rider

By that logic Roczen's 2016 outdoor bike was light years ahead of the factory KTMs.  He had a 13 second lead on Dungey when his left air fork pissed the air out.  Only 3 other motos he didn't win, and he came in 2nd in those.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

By that logic Roczen's 2016 outdoor bike was light years ahead of the factory KTMs.  He had a 13 second lead on Dungey when his left air fork pissed the air out.  Only 3 other motos he didn't win, and he came in 2nd in those.

Lol exactly

• Like 3

I think kr woukd struggle to win on the yzf yes

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mog said:

I think kr woukd struggle to win on the yzf yes

Pure speculation.

It's just like how Ppl said JS would be totally different once he got off the bike. He wasn't. Barcia would be significantly better once he got off the YZ and he got worse. 

• Like 8

Setting your expectations low enough will make you happy I guess, if you count one title and one runner up as a win then everyone is happy

What was the point of this thread again??  Once again it turns into an opportunity for Mog and Squid to dry hump KTM.  

Boring and predictable.  Nothing like taking a place of potentially enjoyable conversation and turning it (repeatedly) into your own personal toilet.  Time to grow up boys......

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, TN Dirt Rider said:

What was the point of this thread again??  Once again it turns into an opportunity for Mog and Squid to dry hump KTM.  

Boring and predictable.  Nothing like taking a place of potentially enjoyable conversation and turning it (repeatedly) into your own personal toilet.  Time to grow up boys......

Yeah it's run its course I believe.  There isn't anything else for them to bash on that they haven't beaten to death 10,000 times already.  They don't like Yamaha...yeah we know.

• Like 7

The worst part is, this bike hasn't even been reviewed yet. It looks to have addressed most of the areas that the customers wanted (myself included), but we are already talking about how it 'sucks'. It's the same mentality that has ppl thinking the 10-13 and 14-17 'sucks'. Doesn't matter what the positives are or what results you can bring to the debate, it's already been decided that it is bad, in their head. 

I think the YZF is the best 250f, I own one but I'm not trolling other brands threads on a crusade to spread the word of Yamaha's success. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Yeah it's run its course I believe.  There isn't anything else for them to bash on that they haven't beaten to death 10,000 times already.  They don't like Yamaha...yeah we know.

I don't hate Yamaha, but I do think their 450 ever since they turned the cylinder around has been a big pile of scrap metal. 

Another thing I meant to add before....Occasionally I will read the Monday Kickstart feature on TMX. They always do a bike breakdown of each class, after a National. I didn't see Muddy Creek but for every other race this year the 250s have had 17-19 Yamahas entered. Overwhelming numbers, from any bike in any class. Now in 450s, since the Yamaha sucks and KTM is supposedly the best (which I won't argue that the KTM is a great 450), there have been more YZ450Fs entered than KTMs in every race but 1. And that is with KTM having more Factory riders to begin with. Why is that? Anyone care to explain why if a bike is so bad, that more pros are actually running it than the bike that is being argued as far superior?

Here is an example of the High Point breakdown, where I was pitting with my friend who qualified on a RMZ450

250 Class
Yamaha – 17
Honda – 9
Kawasaki – 5
KTM – 6
Husqvarna – 2
Suzuki – 1

450 Class
Honda – 10
Yamaha – 7
Suzuki – 7
Kawasaki – 5
KTM – 6
Husqvarna – 5

• Like 2

I don't actually care about the yzf much if any, it's just amusing to wind up Wes

• Like 2

I don't hate Yamaha, but I do think their 450 ever since they turned the cylinder around has been a big pile of scrap metal. 

We all know that, no point saying it over, and over, and over,in every single thread in the Pro Forum no matter the thread topic.

I guess you find it entertaining, but nobody else does except maybe Mog.
  • Like 3

I don't actually care about the yzf much if any, it's just amusing to wind up Wes

Great, so do it in a PM. No reason the rest of us have to deal with it in every thread.
  • Like 3

Please, I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit an argument that beats yours.
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, TN Dirt Rider said:

We all know that, no point saying it over, and over, and over,in every single thread in the Pro Forum no matter the thread topic.

I guess you find it entertaining, but nobody else does except maybe Mog.

I just counted 19  threads on the home page, I've only mentioned it in two threads including this one. And of you look at the hashtags its apparent the o.p. Not only expected but wanted the discussion to go that way. Maybe you just take the bait too easy. Branch out a little....

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 1

I just counted 19  threads on the home page, I've only mentioned it in two threads including this one. And of you look at the hashtags its apparent the o.p. Not only expected but wanted the discussion to go that way. Maybe you just take the bait too easy. Branch out a little....

I was referring to the Pro Forum, obviously. I spend a lot of time in other forums on TT where you are thankfully absent.

I think it's obvious to everyone in here that you and your buddy find a way to drop a load of your crap in every thread in Pro. You don't have to agree with me, couldn't care less.

• Like 2

Just now, TN Dirt Rider said:

I was referring to the Pro Forum, obviously. I spend a lot of time in other forums on TT where you are thankfully absent.

I think it's obvious to everyone in here that you and your buddy find a way to drop a load of your crap in every thread in Pro. You don't have to agree with me, couldn't care less.

19 threads on the home page of the pro forum.  Only two where I've talked about it, you say I bug you yet here you are....  

The sooner you realize it takes at least two to tango the sooner you'll be set free...

• Like 2