2018 Models Launch

Here goes- from Beta UK

Beta presents the new Enduro RR 2018!

Lighter weight with better performance than ever before
The new Enduro RR my 2018 is coming on the market with many new features.

The Tuscan manufacturer was able to transfer of much of the know-how gained from the great racing successes of the 2016 season from the competition bikes to the production models after victories in both the Riders World Championship (E3 class) and the Manufacturers World Championship (EnduroGp class). The Beta engineers at Rignano, with guidance from their top riders, Steve Holcombe and Alex Salvini, have designed a new line of motorcycles that are remarkably lighter in weight with better performance than the previous models; 4.7 kg lighter for the 2-stroke versions and a whopping 5.3 kg shaved off the 4-stroke bikes.

But this drop in weight is not the only feature worthy of note. The engines, running gear and suspension are products of a significant technical evolution which has further enhanced the strengths of this new generation of RR models giving them an ease of handling with a solid and immediate feeling as well as a high degree of reliability.

The design was also revised with the introduction of a new rear fender, a new color for the plastics and graphics and, on the 4-stroke versions, a muffler with a completely new profile as well as a new internal layout.

Keeping with Beta tradition, six different displacements will be available for the RR my 2018: 250 and 300 cc 2-stroke and 350, 390, 430 and 480 cc 4-stroke models, each distinguished by their own specific character. This new range will allow every rider to find just the right Beta model at the right price.

Prices to follow.

More pics are up on facebook-

19029527_845929818892393_1529090732381252694_n.jpg

• Like 2

The white is much better IMO and it looks like a kick starter can be added. All the changes look positive to me especially on the 2stks. Wish more weight had been lost on the 4stks. Overall I think this is the biggest step forward for Beta. ?

54 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

The white is much better IMO and it looks like a kick starter can be added. All the changes look positive to me especially on the 2stks. Wish more weight had been lost on the 4stks. Overall I think this is the biggest step forward for Beta. ?

11.6 pounds is a pretty good amount. Of course kickstart and battery are probably about half of that. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ccullins said:

11.6 pounds is a pretty good amount. Of course kickstart and battery are probably about half of that. 

Sorry for the off-topic, saw a picture of you guys tackling the last dog standing....

How'd it go?

53 minutes ago, ccullins said:

Where did you get that figure? What bike are you speaking of? Beta's release says nothing like that, 4.7 for the 2stk and 5.3 for the 4stks.

12 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

Where did you get that figure? What bike are you speaking of? Beta's release says nothing like that, 4.7 for the 2stk and 5.3 for the 4stks.

Beta claims 2 stroke weight is 10.4 lbs lighter... which is close to 4.7 kg. 

Edited by silver_fox

13 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

5.3 kg = 11.6 pounds. Or at least that's what google says?

IMG_2052.PNG

• Like 1

metric measurements are only confusing for some...for the rest of the world its very straightforward and consistent... even though we still deal with imperial measurements for things like tires...and wave heights....

what about the bike capacities ?....300cc as a 18.3 cu..sounds a bit lame...

That means the soon to be announced 125 would be a 7.6 cu and the 200 is a 12.2cu :-)

My understanding is the US military operates with metric measurements.....

Edited by Roon
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, OscarFox said:

Sorry for the off-topic, saw a picture of you guys tackling the last dog standing....

How'd it go?

4th overall. Not too bad for his first extreme enduro. Way different than EX!

• Like 6