2018 Models Launch

2 hours ago, ccullins said:

Not likely. The dealer would be about giving it away at that price. 

Just got a dealer email saying the last shipment for the year has come in. Every limited quantity (they had been sold out)  No rebate from Beta. I'm guessing they'll go fast. 

Since there's no kick start. I'd think a 17 250 , 300 is a better buy. I guess it also depends on how much the 18's cost. The 18's are nice and I guess the retarded race for the lightest bike has all manufacturers going to crazy lengths at this point. So although I'm happy that Beta is still cranking  and put up a 125 which I think is awesome.. for the 250 and 300 it seems ok..but not so much an improvement overall. I mean Id still buy a Beta if I were to pick from all the brands for a 250 300 enduro 2 stroke.. but no rear number plates? and have to buy a kicker? That's the big things that sort of jump out at me. I'll go look again at all the new specs to review.. but I'm still cool with my 15 300rr. I don't see a need to upgrade to a new 300rr at all.. now that cool little 125 looks fun!!! not practical for me.. but that 125 is exciting and fun looking!! I think the next step is to see how the 4 strokes lost that much weight and how they run.

13 hours ago, k4f5x0r said:

I got a printed and bound manual with my 16 300rr.. :devil:

I know. Just trying to remove the one last reason that YH doesn't have a new bike after years of trolling ... I even offered to ship him one to his door at one point ...

• Like 4

19 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Since there's no kick start. I'd think a 17 250 , 300 is a better buy. I guess it also depends on how much the 18's cost. The 18's are nice and I guess the retarded race for the lightest bike has all manufacturers going to crazy lengths at this point. So although I'm happy that Beta is still cranking  and put up a 125 which I think is awesome.. for the 250 and 300 it seems ok..but not so much an improvement overall. I mean Id still buy a Beta if I were to pick from all the brands for a 250 300 enduro 2 stroke.. but no rear number plates? and have to buy a kicker? That's the big things that sort of jump out at me. I'll go look again at all the new specs to review.. but I'm still cool with my 15 300rr. I don't see a need to upgrade to a new 300rr at all.. now that cool little 125 looks fun!!! not practical for me.. but that 125 is exciting and fun looking!! I think the next step is to see how the 4 strokes lost that much weight and how they run.

You wouldn't go for an 2018 gas gas? Still got the kick start. It is a shame beta have removed it and you have to pay to have put on as an additional option.

19 minutes ago, Black-swan said:

You wouldn't go for an 2018 gas gas? Still got the kick start. It is a shame beta have removed it and you have to pay to have put on as an additional option.

After going into my right side cover for starter and clutch work, I am curious what all they removed. My point being, that thing connects to about 3-4 other gears. If the main shaft/gear with the spring is all that was removed along with the external kick lever, thats one thing. If they took everything out, its more than a quick install to put all that back in.

Just sayin...

Greg

40 minutes ago, Black-swan said:

Beta has proven itself for me year after year.. I like gasgas.. I have one but it's a new company now . This is all brand new information also at this point so it's good to still wait and see. For one thing we don't know the prices for any new bikes also.  or... more specs even.. what's the seat height for instance of a gasgas.. is that even out?.... but from what I see right now in what is available from all brands.. I'm still good with what I have now. I don't see..features in any new bike I'd rather have right now

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, vwprostock said:

After going into my right side cover for starter and clutch work, I am curious what all they removed. My point being, that thing connects to about 3-4 other gears. If the main shaft/gear with the spring is all that was removed along with the external kick lever, thats one thing. If they took everything out, its more than a quick install to put all that back in.

Just sayin...

Greg

I'd just order one with it installed.. one of the nice things about beta that other brands don't have as an option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vwprostock said:

Just sayin...

Greg

Yes, it probably wouldn't be simple. Unless you're handy in the garage you'd have to pay for the parts and labour to have a kick start. I've had to use mine a few times on my beta, I've shaved off some weight in other ways, I'm glad its on my bike...

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Beta has proven itself for me year after year.. I like gasgas.. I have one but it's a new company now . This is all brand new information also at this point so it's good to still wait and see. For one thing we don't know the prices for any new bikes also.  or... more specs even.. what's the seat height for instance of a gasgas.. is that even out?.... but from what I see right now in what is available from all brands.. I'm still good with what I have now. I don't see..features in any new bike I'd rather have right now

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new bikes really, they all have their quirks including beta, but all are pretty awesome to ride really. I think the prices on the 18s are staying the same, which is a great thing. Weight saving is a good thing too as long as it's not at the expense of durability, I guess the future will tell. I don't feel any desire to change my 17 300 for an 18 one, the 125 is pretty exciting though! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Black-swan said:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new bikes really, they all have their quirks including beta, but all are pretty awesome to ride really. I think the prices on the 18s are staying the same, which is a great thing. Weight saving is a good thing too as long as it's not at the expense of durability, I guess the future will tell. I don't feel any desire to change my 17 300 for an 18 one, the 125 is pretty exciting though! 

Yea it's still what do you get for your money. Beta still beats everyone for me. I'm not sure what it is in different parts of the country or how it is in different countries.. but for example Beta is the same price or cheaper here in Hawaii. The seat height is lower.. There's a 6 month warranty that no one else has.  The bike turns.. the motor straight up works excellent for a variety of riding .. racing to trail and extreme where I think it is in it's best personally. It's still a question of what is better for me.  Nothing's better practically speaking.  If one is looking at features and price Beta beats whatever else I can get locally. I know there are some Shercos  locally that are good bikes and nice...and I think the  new dealer is  giving good deals.. but I like a kicker and there isn't even an option for that on sherco.. My friends that bought don't mind so that's ok for them.. but what else? husky and ktm are higher last time I checked and that's seat height too.. yamaha doesn't have an estart and I'm not going back to kicking alone if I don't have to for a new bike. The quality for all the different brands? All are pretty quality to me.. Beta has great quality. I've not had any problems at all as far as my 300rr goes.. and for my 525 my only real "problem" was that 4 stroke motors from the fatory come tight and need a longer break in period.. That's for all 4 strokes and brands apparently as I've researched.. after break in time then the bike sort of comes alive.. it's easy to kick start and more power emerges..  From where I'm looking Beta is still cranking. I bet it sells out on all the models again..and this 125? frick this looks fun.. I bet it sells out.. I bet guys are putting down there money now to get the first ones that come in... and some high school kids are going to score as some fathers are ordering a 125 for them.  ..... or themselves..

• Like 1

You guys should quit crying about the loss of the kick starter.  I had a 2006 KTM 450xc for 4 years and only used the kick starter 3 times just to say I did.  I also had the stock battery the whole time. 

Not only did a race that bike, but in the four years I had it I must have ridden 50 times a year.  I think the newer bikes are even better in the battery and starter department.

1 hour ago, 4Kracing said:

You guys should quit crying about the loss of the kick starter.  I had a 2006 KTM 450xc for 4 years and only used the kick starter 3 times just to say I did.  I also had the stock battery the whole time. 

Not only did a race that bike, but in the four years I had it I must have ridden 50 times a year.  I think the newer bikes are even better in the battery and starter department.

Hey that's up to you.. but no kicker is straight up shitty to me. I've counted on a kickstarter to get my bike out a few times when the estart didn't work and there's no area to kick start in many places. So just because your bike estart didn't fail that's smart? It's simple if and when an estart doesn't work there's a kicker.. You want to take that risk ? that's up to you. I'm never going to get a bike with only estart. Ask the majority of ktm guys what they think of only estart bikes. A whole bunch just have not used their estart and just kicked when their estart failed. That's super common...and all it takes is one time.. one time is too many to me.

1 hour ago, 4Kracing said:

i've never had an issue with my Estart but I keep my bikes on battery tenders at all times they aren't being ridden.. My buddy with his 2015 300xcw had his battery die after only a year(maybe less) because of no tender and cold NY winters.  He's relied on the kick the entire time mostly because of being busy due to work.  I really enjoy having the kickstarter and would easily pony up the cash to have them install it a the shocking detrimental weight gain of 2 pounds.

my bike likes cold starts with the kicker too.

Edited by k4f5x0r

5 minutes ago, k4f5x0r said:

i've never had an issue with my Estart but I keep my bikes on battery tenders at all times they aren't being ridden.. My buddy with his 2015 300xcw had his battery die after only a year(maybe less) because of no tender and cold NY winters.  He's relied on the kick the entire time mostly because of being busy due to work.  I really enjoy having the kickstarter and would easily pony up the cash to have them install it a the shocking detrimental weight gain of 2 pounds.

my bike likes cold starts with the kicker too.

I've had a whole bunch of batteries..good quality and on tenders..and on a variety of bikes... shorai, and a variety of lithium brands and guess what? They fail too..and what's left when the batteries fail? kickstart. My 525 batteries died.. and I spent big bucks on the best batteries with the most power..and had them on tenders..and different ones failed.. My shorai that I have now works on my 525 but the one before went south..Turntech was one other lithium I went with.. 2 of those went south before changing to Shorai..along with the stock battery.. The main problem was just that I went in tight ugly technical trails to start instead of more open flowing.. and the bike just needed to have a longer break in period.. still the batteries died and I had to kick a bunch of times to get out of ugly trails.. That's just one type of instance.

15 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I've had a whole bunch of batteries..good quality and on tenders..and on a variety of bikes... shorai, and a variety of lithium brands and guess what? They fail too..and what's left when the batteries fail? kickstart. My 525 batteries died.. and I spent big bucks on the best batteries with the most power..and had them on tenders..and different ones failed.. My shorai that I have now works on my 525 but the one before went south..Turntech was one other lithium I went with.. 2 of those went south before changing to Shorai..along with the stock battery.. The main problem was just that I went in tight ugly technical trails to start instead of more open flowing.. and the bike just needed to have a longer break in period.. still the batteries died and I had to kick a bunch of times to get out of ugly trails.. That's just one type of instance.

So you can solve your worries by installing the kick starter. 

Maybe it had to do with my "OCD" (lol) personality and the amount of riding I did during my last ten year stint.  I also believe that the more you ride your bike and keep it tuned, oil and filter top notch, and valves adjusted, it doesn't seem to let you down.  Or, maybe I had a freakish KTM.  However, that was my first E-start bike and I'll never leave home home without the button...ever! 

In closing, I'll take the new Beta without the kick starter just for weight savings.