Took my Cr 250 out for a ride with half a tank, after forgetting how much gas I had in the tank the bike shut down while I was driving. Kickstarter is locked up but the bike will roll in gear with clutch pulled in. Drained the oil, no metal shavings. What is the issue?? 

It sound broken... 

maybe try to bump start it when u get some gas and see if it'll start then if it does your problem will be in the right side (clutch side) case we're the kickstarter is located and this may have snapped the spring or some thing ($5) if it doesn't bump start then ... your motor locked up and your gonna need a piston, crank. Full motor gaskets and cylinder replays at least. Good luck. 

• Like 1

Sounds like you might need to tear it apart, Put the bike on a stand and put it in neutral. Work the kickstarter by hand and see if you can get it to turn over. Don't try to bumpstart it, If the crank is seized your just going to do more damage! Work it by hand and see if it will move!

Edited by ThrustWasher
  • Like 1

Sounds like you might need to tear it apart, Put the bike on a stand and put it in neutral. Work the kickstarter by hand and see if you can get it to turn over. Don't try to bumpstart it, If the crank is seized your just going to do more damage! Work it by hand and see if it will move!

I have the same problem except i rocked it back and fourth and the kicker free'd up. do you think that would be the rings? there is less compression than before

the crank isnt seized. i can kick it now. there is just less compression than it had but it wont start. i just did a full rebuild on it and ran it for 20 minutes or so. i was riding in 3rd gear about half to 3/4 throttle and it shut off and locked but like i said. you can kick it now. just wont start

I have the same problem except i rocked it back and fourth and the kicker free'd up. do you think that would be the rings? there is less compression than before

the crank isnt seized. i can kick it now. there is just less compression than it had but it wont start. i just did a full rebuild on it and ran it for 20 minutes or so. i was riding in 3rd gear about half to 3/4 throttle and it shut off and locked but like i said. you can kick it now. just wont start