Kx 85 Mods

Chasing opinions on the best engine mods for increased performance on a 2015 kx85. Cheers.

Are you racing this or just looking for more power for casual riding? A big bore kit is an easy way for more power.

Easy.  Get the head corrected and re jet it. Since the stock jetting will then be too rich.

The best mod for any 2 stroke. Cheap too.

Contact http://twostrokeperformance.com.au/

My boy doesn't need any more power yet. 2014 KX85.  Motor rips with a V-Force reed block and jetting.  Shall get the head done when he needs it. Although I would like the reduced spooge and less sensitive jetting that comes after getting the head corrected.

Easy.  Get the head corrected and re jet it. Since the stock jetting will then be too rich.
The best mod for any 2 stroke. Cheap too.
Contact http://twostrokeperformance.com.au/
My boy doesn't need any more power yet. 2014 KX85.  Motor rips with a V-Force reed block and jetting.  Shall get the head done when he needs it. Although I would like the reduced spooge and less sensitive jetting that comes after getting the head corrected.

Sorry mate we're only new to mx. What do you mean by "head corrected" and "spooge". Bike came with the Vforce reeds. Explain please why you rejet it after having the head done.
Cheers

Spooge is the black oil that comes out of the exhaust due to low temps. That is from rich jetting and/or incomplete burn.

Head corrected means machining it so the squish clearance and compression ratio is correct for the engine size.

With correct squish clearance, your motor can produce consistent burn in the combustion chamber. No more hot and cold spots around the bore perimeter. The squish zone stays relatively cool, and there is less wasted air/fuel in that zone.  This consistent burn (in the dome area only) means your motor does not need the overly rich jetting any more. It wont hurt to leave the jetting and just correct the squish, but often you give up some gains if you don't re-jet for it.

Call Dave at TSP and ask him about it.

Here are some pics after doing a single search for squish clearance in google images:

Squish-band-2.png

Squish-band-1.png

Squish-band-3.png

Edited by numroe