Activeon cx gold.

Has anyone ever used one of these instead of go pro? I have one but was wondering what setting you guys have had good results With? Mine is chin mounted. Thanks!

Woods riding video recording settings?

This is the standard CX I think my son had the setting on 960 30fps? I had an earlier vid I made set at 720 60fps and I liked that better. Top of the helmet mount. Have to switch it to 720 on youtube.

Edited by katoom64

This is the standard CX I think my son had the setting on 960 30fps? I had an earlier vid I made set at 720 60fps and I liked that better. Top of the helmet mount. Have to switch it to 720 on youtube.

This is best I could get it. It was set to 1080p at 60fps. But I still felt like I could be a little better.

That looked pretty good to me! I have a friend who has a GoPro (not sure which model) and honestly your video seems on par with his. My CX will not go 1080 at 60fps, it will only do 1080 at 30fps. My limited understanding is that for riding videos 60fps is the way to go.

That looked pretty good to me! I have a friend who has a GoPro (not sure which model) and honestly your video seems on par with his. My CX will not go 1080 at 60fps, it will only do 1080 at 30fps. My limited understanding is that for riding videos 60fps is the way to go.

Well good deal. I guess I just needed someone else's opinion.

yeah 60fps is what you want.

this is filmed in 720 60fps... even when I film in 1080, my original gopro 1 just isnt as clear as everyone elses.  maybe the cameras old, maybe my video editor (windows movie maker lol) kills the quality... this is as clear as I can get mine... the second half sucks.. way too much overexposure.  the gopro also REALLY sucks in the winter/snow!!

yeah 60fps is what you want.

this is filmed in 720 60fps... even when I film in 1080, my original gopro 1 just isnt as clear as everyone elses.  maybe the cameras old, maybe my video editor (windows movie maker lol) kills the quality... this is as clear as I can get mine... the second half sucks.. way too much overexposure.  the gopro also REALLY sucks in the winter/snow!!

Yeah I use Windows movie maker too. Do not know if that takes away from the final quality. I didn't know how much better a go pro does than the activeon.

keep in mind, and I want to stress this.. thats a bottom of the bottom of the line gopro.  the original gopro hero 1 from back in like 2008!

the 2 and 3 are amazing... the 4 and 5 are crystal clear, 4k type stuff.  amazing.

after editing in movie maker, I select "save for HD display" and it turned a 3:30 video to about 600mb. so thats not too low of quality.  still isnt as clear as id like, and the over exposure in the sun ruins the videos.

my video quality up there is horrible TBH (so are the other two vids I seen posted.. no offence).   id like better... but too cheap to spend money on another helmet cam.  mine will do for now.

Edited by cdf450

Yeah I agree. I want a clearer video. It's ok for now but I want crystal clear Ha. Looks like I need a go pro. I just wasn't sure if the difference was worth the price.