2018 YZ250X

3 hours ago, Doc_speeder said:

If anybody wants a set of silver 2016 250x wheels I'll trade straight up. Maybe even throw in some cash. Seriously. I love those blue rims.

Yep I think they look trick!  Reminds me of the Husaberg rims....

20 hours ago, mrcribbs said:

If only there were a thread discussing this with the exact same title ??

Sorry, I'm a dufus.

• Like 2

If it ain't broke don't fix it! Just put some pimp ass blue rims on it and kick the sh!t out of some KTMs!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dirtbikesonny said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it! Just put some pimp ass blue rims on it and kick the sh!t out of some KTMs!

I just had a conversation about manual roll up windows and how they got the job done without a set of keys or a battery. E-start without a kick start sounds like what I need deep in mountains. A headlight would be nice, but I afraid of the dark. 

Edited by Charles De Mar
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

I just had a conversation about manual roll up windows and how they got the job done without a set of keys or a battery. E-start without a kick start sounds like what I need deep in mountains. A headlight would be nice, but I afraid of the dark. 

I know I just started riding again after a long layoff (and was much younger then) but frankly I don't think I ran into an issue where I truly needed eStart.  Yes it makes it easier, much like power windows, but it's a dirt bike......  not having it is not a huge deal to me.....  now, I'm hating my jetting bs but it's a 2t motor.  

15 minutes ago, FITZI6_7 said:

I know I just started riding again after a long layoff (and was much younger then) but frankly I don't think I ran into an issue where I truly needed eStart.  Yes it makes it easier, much like power windows, but it's a dirt bike......  not having it is not a huge deal to me.....  now, I'm hating my jetting bs but it's a 2t motor.  

Be patient make one change at a time and don't skip sizes. You will get to know the settings. 

• Like 4

If anybody wants a set of silver 2016 250x wheels I'll trade straight up. Maybe even throw in some cash. Seriously. I love those blue rims.

I love the blue rims, they honestly look great. After a summer of riding in the rocks and mud and a few tire changes though I think my silver rims will look better
  • Like 4

I love mine. I think the blue won't be as nice when it's scuffed up but so far everyone is jelly. 

I keep reading about the turbincore 2.1. Why do they list them on FMF if it's pre production thing they never made. ??

has this changed since the last thread I read?  

I ordered a gnarley pipe and was thinking about a silencer so I can drop them both on at the same time and eliminate jetting issues that may occur two times. 

I really regret selling my 250x but I was so sick of trying to get the jetting dialed in, given more time I think I could have worked it out. I think a Kehein 38mm carb would have been the ticket and made the bike rip even more. But I had a guy basically beg me to sell it to him and offered enough to get me to sell it

I have always found jetting to be very simple. I start with the pilot one step at a time and progress to the other circuits as needed. KISS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrfrk said:

I really regret selling my 250x but I was so sick of trying to get the jetting dialed in, given more time I think I could have worked it out. I think a Kehein 38mm carb would have been the ticket and made the bike rip even more. But I had a guy basically beg me to sell it to him and offered enough to get me to sell it

There is a 38mm keihin on the bike from factory? What are you smoking? I want sum ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poker1981 said:

I love mine. I think the blue won't be as nice when it's scuffed up but so far everyone is jelly. 

I keep reading about the turbincore 2.1. Why do they list them on FMF if it's pre production thing they never made. ??

has this changed since the last thread I read?  

I ordered a gnarley pipe and was thinking about a silencer so I can drop them both on at the same time and eliminate jetting issues that may occur two times. 

I have a new tc 2.1 on my 250x..  So far on this bike I have used the stock silencer, a TC2, a PC 296, and now the 250x version TC2.1.   It is bigger, but a bit quieter than all the others..

1 hour ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

There is a 38mm keihin on the bike from factory? What are you smoking? I want sum ;)

LOL... your right my bad.. Having an idiot moment, been looking at KTMs and those are 36. I did put a STIC metering block in mine and that helped with power but jetting was still a bitch.

• Like 1