2007 crf 250x

About to purchase a 2007 crf 250 x in Ontario for $3700.

This type of bike is a rarity in Ontario and probably most regions.

I'm a little bit concerned because the bike took about 5 electric start attempts to fire up.

I didn't really give it a chance to warm up so when I was testing it out it would bog out when firing the throttle on the end of each gear.

I don't know if I should be concerned or if the bike simply wasn't warmed up enough.

Does anyone have trouble with the electric starter on these bikes?

I also live in Ontario, thats to much for the bike. Mine used to do the same thing and valve adjustment fixed it. But regardless of any problems thats allot more than I would be willing to pay for it. I sold mine couple years ago for much less and I made a good profit and the bike was absolutely mint.

• Like 1

In the Montreal Qc. region, CRF250X & 450X are also somewhat of a rarity but that's priced too high for a 10 year old bike. 

I paid 2800$ to a motivated seller last spring for a 2008 CRF250X. (prime time for selling bikes as well when asking prices are usually at their highest)

Came with new tires, chain/sprockets, battery, quality hand/brush & radiator guards, skidplate, aluminium footpegs.

Needed the usual TLC (fork seals, a few bearings) but of course I spend an extra 800$ in making the chassis/suspension 'like new'.

3rd owner, unknown engine hours/maintenance history, upon teardown this winter it was pretty much all still within specs.

Well tuned (carb clean, valves in-spec) it easily starts by kicker or e-start on the first try.

After a short warm-up, no bogs even using the leanish stock jetting.

About the only time the e-start occasionally complains is a hot re-start after I drop the bike,

for a brief moment it won't turn the engine over and will dis-engage but, it always re-starts a second later on the 2nd attempt.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity I regularly check on Kijiji for CRF250X's 

sometimes there are no used ones on there, sometimes 3-4 listed at the same time.

I'd say 3200$ to 3700$ is the average asking price for '04-'09 models,

then you have the 'bought as a new leftover, ridden twice '12s and up, asking 4500$ and more.

OP, did you end up buying the bike ?

On a side note I'd add that if there's an aftermarket exhaust system installed

and the seller doesn't have the OEM exhaust anymore, that would lower the value.

Quiet and torquey is what these bikes are about, OEM pipes also are more welcome is some riding areas.

Edited by mlatour