2014 wr450f still not starting in gear, clutch switch issue

So revisiting this topic, i found out more about this issue. What i have found is that there is no power going to the clutch switch at all. I unplugged it and tested it at the plug and theres no power, which is why "jumping" the plug did nothing. Not sure whats going on as i cant really trace that wire since it goes back into harness loom. Something else i noticed is there is a white ceramic looking resistor on the left side of the speedometer, i unplugged it and nothing changed at all. What does this resistor do? I believe its part number 1DX-82718-00-00IMG_6991.JPGIMG_6992.JPG

There is not supposed to be power on that circuit. It's just a switch.
Check you fuses and relay.

If theres no power then what does the switch do....
Also have done relays, fuses, and diodes

16 minutes ago, Turtlerider said:

If theres no power then what does the switch do....
Also have done relays, fuses, and diodes

It is a ground to the ecu or relay so it will not energize that start circuit.

• Like 1

It is a ground to the ecu or relay so it will not energize that start circuit.

Wouldnt the purpose of a ground to be to flow power?

8 hours ago, Turtlerider said:

Wouldnt the purpose of a ground to be to flow power?

Not if it is a logic circuit. Yes, it is flowing 'power' but it is milli-amps/micro-volts of current, not the battery current. 

Edited by Krannie McKranface

Not if it is a logic circuit. Yes, it is flowing 'power' but it is milli-amps/micro-volts of current, not the battery current. 

And thats what the the clutch switch in the clutch perch does?

Also what is the white ceramic resistor for thats in the pics?

I would guess that 68 ohm 10 watt resistor is item "EL" near #2 on schematic. Items 3 and 4 are on bars, item B is internal of tranny.
I'm not familiar with this bike but I am an electronic tech. BTW my street bike has to in neutral AND clutch pulled in for starter to turn over.

I would guess that 68 ohm 10 watt resistor is item "EL" near #2 on schematic. Items 3 and 4 are on bars, item B is internal of tranny.

I'm not familiar with this bike but I am an electronic tech. BTW my street bike has to in neutral AND clutch pulled in for starter to turn over.

Its not shown on there because i believe that is a previous year model bike that's showing the diagram for. And the wr450s have a neutral and a clutch switch so that you can start it as long as one of the two switches are tripped. In gear it should start with the clutch in or in neutral it can start with the clutch out.

Somethings happen on my bike to where its disabled the clutch switch completely, like the bike doesnt know its there.

Did it ever start in gear? I can't tell if schematic differentiates a NO or NC (normally open or normally closed) but it looks like it should start with either clutch lever pulled OR in neutral.
Main switch on provides 12v to small relay "0". Then start switch "H" provides ground to "0" via 4 or B. Relay 0 provides ground to starter solenoid and ECU.
Now if contacts of either solenoid or relay 0 read more than 1 or 2 volts across contacts when energized the contacts are dirty/bad. ECU input is gonna want very close to ground at input L/W.

Did it ever start in gear? I can't tell if schematic differentiates a NO or NC (normally open or normally closed) but it looks like it should start with either clutch lever pulled OR in neutral.
Main switch on provides 12v to small relay "0". Then start switch "H" provides ground to "0" via 4 or B. Relay 0 provides ground to starter solenoid and ECU.
Now if contacts of either solenoid or relay 0 read more than 1 or 2 volts across contacts when energized the contacts are dirty/bad. ECU input is gonna want very close to ground at input L/W.

IMG_6999.PNGIMG_7001.PNG
Dang you know your stuff, im going to try to test that when i get home later. And as you stated that it should start either in neutral or with the clutch in that is correct and yes it used to start in any gear with the clutch in.

The pics below are the only thing i can find in relation to the resistor i was asking about earlier and what it does btw

My VFR800 let's me know it's time to adjust clutch cable when it exhibits your symptoms.......remove switch from lever to rule out. You really gonna bang your head when you find out cable needs couple turns. And thanks for the compliment.

My VFR800 let's me know it's time to adjust clutch cable when it exhibits your symptoms.......remove switch from lever to rule out. You really gonna bang your head when you find out cable needs couple turns. And thanks for the compliment.

No problem, still looking for the ohm meter... but heres a pic of how my clutch switch is, i dont think the cable adjustment changes whether the switch works or not on this bike
IMG_7003.JPGIMG_7005.JPG

IMG_7008.PNG
IMG_7009.PNG

Found this online although its for a 2016 i think its the closest thing i'll be able to get

Yeah....the same just showing starting circuit alone

Ohh ok, then it should be the same as mine since the first one was older and this one is newer. Cant find the tester, about to go buy one... still so confused though. Lol