2016 kx450 overheating

Now that it's warming up, I have had my bike get hot and quit running twice. After it cools, it starts and idles but starts popping and running wrong at 1/3rd throttle and continues to do so until it's cooled off for 8+hours. I can't see anything in the owners manual or the service manual. Any ideas?

When the motor cools down has the coolant level dropped, if so how much coolant is needed to get it back to the correct level.

When the motor cools down has the coolant level dropped, if so how much coolant is needed to get it back to the correct level.

The coolant level is normal, level with the bottom of the filler neck. Thx

Sounds like its running lean.

Yep, it does sound lean. I'm going to check the capacitor voltage and then also pull the fuel pump out and see what that looks like. I thought maybe it could be vapor locking but that's not it. After it dies there's no suction in the tank. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Update:

I ran the self diagnosis and there are no service codes, just a steady blink. The fuel line is not clogged. Ugh...

Image1497507641.256948.jpgImage1497507657.393165.jpg

The fuel pump has a fuel filter on it and I suspect that it's dirty and clogged.

I hope I don't have to buy a new fuel pump.

if it runs and just dies that would be a fuel issues 

if it's hard to start when hot, your valves need to be shimmed 

It runs and die's. I replaced the fuel pump and it ran great but 38 miles into a 42 mile desert race and it started up again. Not near as bad as before. It's still not throwing any codes.

im thinking check the TPS. Better yet swap with a friend who has one to see if that fixes it