KDX200/KX125 Hybrid questions...

Yeah yeah folks i know, another dang hybrid. As the title states, i have some questions. Just some basic info, we got the bike for $100, and we dont know if it runs... It seems to have good compression. The frame and whatnot is from a 1990 kx125, but we are having some issues figuring out the year of the engine. From what i came up with its from 1989-1994. Here is what it says on the bottom of the case (idk if thats what it is, im an amateur) IMG_1022.JPG.8583a12ccc04739e69610bcf07306716.JPG 

Any info would be great, ill post pictures of the bike in its current state tomorrow! We tore it apart, to do a check. Water came out of the stator cover, but it might just be rain water... It also needs a water pump seal, water was in the gear oil!

But i figured that the forks and everything else were from the kx... we did a vin check and 1990 kx125 came up...

alright cool... the kdx engine just bolts right up to the kx frame?

thats not what i meant..... but it does, it is a 1990 frame, and after some quick research the 1990 model had usd forks! sorry for using some of your time, but thanks for the info!

its cool man, im hoping that its gonna be a killer bike, my first 2 stroke!

1 hour ago, klxkid said:

alright cool... the kdx engine just bolts right up to the kx frame?

No , but minimum work to get it to

@kxrob - we didnt see any new motor mounts or and stuff that looked like it had been welded on.

Those mounts don't look standard to me , but i could be wrong

I think it would be with a light frame and a kdx 200 engine

Was the engine installed in the bike when you got it?

EDIT**On KDXRIDER.NET, there is a whole section on the hows and whys of doing this.

Edited by kdxphonedude