610 TE white smoke

Hi all,

I need help with a problem i got. i have a 1999 Husqvarna 610 te (kickstart only version) and i have rebuild the whole engine top to bottom. New crank, conrod, piston (woesner including new rings) new main bearings and topend bearing, complete new gasket kit including valve stems, new timing chain. So far so good. Compression is fine, the thing started after the first kick, well second, but runs like a bat out of hell, 10 sec in it starts burning oil like there is no tomorrow.

i have no clue why and where smoke is white and massive, but the engine works fine, even starts up after shutting it down, runs for a few sec the smoke starts again. Checked the oil amount not to have overfilled it and that is correct as well.

My first thought was it's burning off the oil from assembly process but not the amount it throws out.

Could it be that one of the new valve stem seals has given way? it's the only thing i can think off.

any Ideas/thoughts are welcome

thanks

White "smoke" is more likely indicative of water/coolant vapor. Oil smoke will have a bluish tint to it. Are you sure it isn't an internal coolant leak? Common source for that would be a head gasket, If you can do a coolant pressure test to see if the system holds pressure that would help with your troubleshooting.

thanks XYooper906 for the hint, i used a brand new head gasket so, .... but i am going to check in the exhaust manifold to see if it is water or oil, still think it is oil though, but thanks again for the reply much appreciated.

thanks again for the help, to tell you the truth i did not use my "hooter" at all, because i was just so disappointed that it did not do, what i wanted to ;) but i will start her up once more this afternoon and take a good sniff, ... 

all good i wipped off the head once more and low and behold it is the valve stem seal so i am all good to get it done by tonight. thanks for the help!