2016 KTM 450 map switch knob (under seat) questions

Hi guys, 

I recently got a 2016 Husqvarna 450 (EU model). It comes with a map switch on the handlebars and map switch knob knob under the seat. However, I don't quite understand how it all works. I've found this on a website, but it still confuses me:

Capture.jpg

1-So if I'm reading this correctly, position 1 on the handlebars is standard (as in stock off the showroom floor?) and the other one will be whatever I've chosen on the knob? 

2-What is the purpose of the positions on the knob? 1=soft, 2=aggressive... Then it says 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 =standard... So then is 3-0 standard or are they progressively stronger? I don't quite get it. 

So to recap: Position 1 on the handlebar will ALWAYS be standard? Correct or not? Then 2 will be either aggressive (if set to "2") or soft (if set to "1"), correct? What's the point of having numbers from 3-9 and 0 then? Do they do anything at all? Any info appreciated. 

Capture.JPG

Nope they are all open circuit, it's a common used part , so it has lots of spare positions

• Like 1

Sorry for being dense, but I still don't get it. What do you mean by open circuit? So the only "real" positions are standard, aggressive and tame?

So standard is always on 1 position on the handlebars, but I can set position 2 to either aggressive (if I set the knob on "2" ) or tame (if I set the knob on  "1")? Is this correct? The other numbers are if I want to set custom maps at a dealership or something? 

This might sound weird but do I have the under seat switch on a 17 450 SX?  I Haven't seen it...