Hydration pack

Hi has anybody tried these Camelbak Palos 1.5 l Waistpacks....Im asking because when I use a backpack over my Leatt 5.5HD PRO the problem is the straps snag on the shoulder protection a lot and restrict my movement.

Thanks

Have an old model (Camelback Alterra see pic above). It's very nice for short rides since it hold only one liter and has no big space for tools, phone, food, etc.

Does not restrict movement but, sometimes I feel that it shakes a lot when full of water (It does not conform to my body when full it keeps "round") and you have to keep your head down when drinking since water hose come from down and isn't  long enought. (enduro guys used to pass the hose into shirt hold with small clip trou a hole on front)

https://goo.gl/photos/e41oJgqiVKvbTVdJ7

Downside is it is overpriced as all camelback products and camelback does not support motor sports

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HughMungus said:

According to a few youtube channels the whole camelbak not supporting motor sports thing is a BS rumor.

It was true, but they were bought by a corporation that is pro OHV last summer.  And anyway, Youtube is about the last place to get the facts.

14 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

It was true, but they were bought by a corporation that is pro OHV last summer.  And anyway, Youtube is about the last place to get the facts.

Yes, They were purchased by Vista Sports, Vista Sports has purchased many outdoor companies including Bell Sports, Giro, Blackburn.

Firearm companies as well

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

On June 13, 2017 at 10:01 AM, wilspin said:

Hi has anybody tried these Camelbak Palos 1.5 l Waistpacks....Im asking because when I use a backpack over my Leatt 5.5HD PRO the problem is the straps snag on the shoulder protection a lot and restrict my movement.

Thanks

Perhaps you can try some other hydration packs such as Klim etc...I don't wear the Leatt 5.5 (but have considered it), have a Fox Airframe and don't know that my Camelback Mule is on my back. Perhaps I don't know how miserable I am as I have not tried any of the other hydro packs, but the Mule works great.

• Like 1

After a bit of research I found the Thor hydrant 3l pack because I needed some storage space with it. I'll post back when I try it but it seems like a decent pack

• Like 1

Perhaps you can try some other hydration packs such as Klim etc...I don't wear the Leatt 5.5 (but have considered it), have a Fox Airframe and don't know that my Camelback Mule is on my back. Perhaps I don't know how miserable I am as I have not tried any of the other hydro packs, but the Mule works great.

My other option I could remove the shoulder guards.
  • Like 2

Big 5 makes some very nice house brand hydration packs.  I have 2 of theirs, a 1.5 and a 2L, they were less than half the price of the name brands and work great.  The 2L one has lots of storage.