Is this normal idk what it is

It's from today I've rode a lot today and ran low rpm's an rode the pipe I did just about anything wheelie practice over logs over a sand ramp I made rode wide open on my long driveway slipped the couch in 1rst to practice balancing and I cleaned it yesterday

1. Your float bowl is most definately leaking. You can see the run off on the side of it. It's definately possible that the oily pre mix is getting gunked up with sand and dirt. Take it off and re seat the gasket or replace if needed.

2. Check around your reeds for oil as well. If any bolts are loose in that area or if the reed gasket is at all torn you will get some darker oil residue like you're seeing in the photo. If there is oil remove the reeds to inspect the gasket and replace if needed or seal it up with some yamabond.

18 minutes ago, Hunter743 said:

Okay kinda got the jist of this but I'm 14 and have no clue how to do any of that and my dad hasn't touched a dirt bike since the 70's

If you're old enough to have a dirt bike, you're old enough to work on a dirt bike. Please don't take that as an insult, it's quite the opposite. You seem willing to learn and that's great. Owning and tinkering on dirt bikes is an amazing hobby. It kept me out of a lot of trouble at 14. If you're dad has experience in the 70's he will be a great help. Things like leaky gaskets were around back then!

Do as OlGerty said. Google and YouTube are two great tools we didn't have as youth. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Hunter743 said:

Okay kinda got the jist of this but I'm 14 and have no clue how to do any of that and my dad hasn't touched a dirt bike since the 70's

As a father of a 14 year old I chuckled when I read this.  You're doing the right thing by asking first.  What the posters before are saying is to go slow, look at the carb bowl and try to identify where it's leaking...  Likely, your float bowl gasket (the bottom of your carb) is worn or a screw is loose.  where the carb goes into the engine is where your reeds are.  check around there to see if it is leaking there.  Likely though is the bowl.  Look up Youtube for vids on carb rebuilding/removal etc and come back here with questions.

• Like 3

As a father of a 14 year old I chuckled when I read this.  You're doing the right thing by asking first.  What the posters before are saying is to go slow, look at the carb bowl and try to identify where it's leaking...  Likely, your float bowl gasket (the bottom of your carb) is worn or a screw is loose.  where the carb goes into the engine is where your reeds are.  check around there to see if it is leaking there.  Likely though is the bowl.  Look up Youtube for vids on carb rebuilding/removal etc and come back here with questions.

I think it's the bowl it seems where the top ant the bottom of the carb come together is where it's leaking because be oily stuff is on the sides of the bowl

Could be the overflow leaking if hose is off. dirt in there or floats not closing, needle valve bad type thing. If not just loose bowl screw hopefully ? may just need a carb clean even.

Edited by Motox367

• TT Sponsor

Be careful with the screws on the carburetor. They strip real easy so focus, clean them, be at a good angle and use gentle power. They are actually not Phillips but that's too much information! Be careful and you will be fine

• Like 2