Since we are starting Threads with new bikes in here now, may as well add another.... 

beta-motor-rr-125-two-stroke-2018_CM_489

Beta Motors have just dropped a proverbial bombshell with the announcement of a 125cc two-stroke enduro bike.

Playing the cards very closely to their chest, it seems Beta have caught everyone on the hop with news that they are releasing an all-new RR 125 two-stroke as part of their 2018 model range.

This is a completely new project and the result of a long development cycle which completes the entire range from 50cc bikes to big thumping 480cc engines.

The heart of the RR 125 2T MY 2018 is dedicated to competition and is targeted at the Junior and Youth categories of the World Enduro Championship and the Cadets, Junior and E1 categories of the Italian Enduro Championship, as well as all the categories reserved for small 2-strokes in the various national championships.

Beta's latest addition has Euro 4 homologation and is aimed at those who have just reached the age of 16 (though we reckon there will be many big kids wanting one too!).

The new motorcycle shown at the Press Presentation of the Enduro MY 2018 range will be presented to the public at EICMA 2017 and go into production immediately afterwards, so we’re looking at December 2017/January 2018.

More in link   http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/2261-first-look-beta-announce-rr-125-two-stroke-enduro

• Like 6

Pretty cool.  Not sure I could ever ride anything under 200 cc's, but an otherwise nice looking sled.

• Like 1

Very cool to see more manufacturers putting time and money into the small bore enduro bikes. Still not sure they will do well here in the states due to lack of dealer network, but that has never really been Beta's target market anyway. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

Since we are starting Threads with new bikes in here now, may as well add another.... 

beta-motor-rr-125-two-stroke-2018_CM_489

Beta Motors have just dropped a proverbial bombshell with the announcement of a 125cc two-stroke enduro bike.

Playing the cards very closely to their chest, it seems Beta have caught everyone on the hop with news that they are releasing an all-new RR 125 two-stroke as part of their 2018 model range.

This is a completely new project and the result of a long development cycle which completes the entire range from 50cc bikes to big thumping 480cc engines.

The heart of the RR 125 2T MY 2018 is dedicated to competition and is targeted at the Junior and Youth categories of the World Enduro Championship and the Cadets, Junior and E1 categories of the Italian Enduro Championship, as well as all the categories reserved for small 2-strokes in the various national championships.

Beta's latest addition has Euro 4 homologation and is aimed at those who have just reached the age of 16 (though we reckon there will be many big kids wanting one too!).

The new motorcycle shown at the Press Presentation of the Enduro MY 2018 range will be presented to the public at EICMA 2017 and go into production immediately afterwards, so we’re looking at December 2017/January 2018.

More in link   http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/2261-first-look-beta-announce-rr-125-two-stroke-enduro

Squid either buys this tomorrow or he needs to stop insisting that smaller bikes are better.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Pretty cool.  Not sure I could ever ride anything under 200 cc's, but an otherwise nice looking sled.

Oh shit.  Aw nah you din't!  Squid is to go off on his 30 minute spiel of how smaller is better and bigger is bad.  Makes you wonder doesn't it....is he subconsciously compensating for something?

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Oh shit.  Aw nah you din't!  Squid is to go off on his 30 minute spiel of how smaller is better and bigger is bad.  Makes you wonder doesn't it....is he subconsciously compensating for something?

Yes I'm compensating for my extremely large dick by riding a small bike.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Yes I'm compensating for my extremely large dick by riding a small bike.  

vlcsnap-2015-08-17-19h24m09s456.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I doubt I could ever race one unless it was very deep in the gnar gnar, but my son has a 200 and it's a super fun bike.  I rode a (approx) 2003 XR250R for a spin a couple of years ago and was amazed at how fun that bike was.  It's all relative to where you ride them.  I rode an XR400R the same day and it was no fun compared to the little 250. 

My problem is I'm kind of a one bike guy, I can't stand to have things sit in the garage so I have to find the one tool to do it all.  Otherwise I'm sure I'd have a 125 and 250/300 2-stroke, along with a 450F and an adventure bike.  I can afford to do that, but just can't take looking at that many bikes sit.  I won't even say what my next (one) bike will be as I'm sure I'd get blasted for it here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I doubt I could ever race one unless it was very deep in the gnar gnar, but my son has a 200 and it's a super fun bike.  I rode a (approx) 2003 XR250R for a spin a couple of years ago and was amazed at how fun that bike was.  It's all relative to where you ride them.  I rode an XR400R the same day and it was no fun compared to the little 250. 

My problem is I'm kind of a one bike guy, I can't stand to have things sit in the garage so I have to find the one tool to do it all.  Otherwise I'm sure I'd have a 125 and 250/300 2-stroke, along with a 450F and an adventure bike.  I can afford to do that, but just can't take looking at that many bikes sit.  I won't even say what my next (one) bike will be as I'm sure I'd get blasted for it here. 

I love havimg bikes sit in the garage. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

You can NEVER have enough bikes.. Do you only drink one beer or eat one type of food all the time ?  it all just sits in the Fridge :smirk:

• Like 7

I will give you a review as soon as I can. My friend is in Italy at Beta for the MY18 release. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ckny said:

I will give you a review as soon as I can. My friend is in Italy at Beta for the MY18 release. 

Does he ride many small bore bikes?

Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

Does he ride many small bore bikes?

No but I do. He owns Beta Canada. 

125 is my weapon of choice. Regret selling my YZ125 last year and looking to get back on a small bore smoker. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ckny said:

No but I do. He owns Beta Canada. 

125 is my weapon of choice. Regret selling my YZ125 last year and looking to get back on a small bore smoker. 

Atta boy. 

• Like 1

I'm sure a beta review from a guy that owns a beta distributor will be objective.

Not that I have anything against Beta, I enjoy my Rev 3 270.

My next off-road bike will be a small(er) bore. Probably a KTM 150. Not sure I'm brave (aka good) enough to buy a 125, but I'd love to see an objective comparison vs the KTM 125/150.

• Like 3

Its ok, you can say Harley. I'm sure everyone is ok with that.