Foot pegs universal?

Hey guys. I'm just curious to know if foot pegs are universal or not. I looked on here and searched google but kind find anything solid. I'm assuming they pretty much are but I wanted to check before dropping money on the wrong foot pegs. 

My bike is an old 84 Honda xr350 and the pegs are pretty worn. Also one is shorter than the other for some reason which drives me insane. The only new pegs I have found that are made for this bike are the IMS super stocks but I was hoping for more options. 

Does anybody know of some that will work for this? If I go universal, how do I pick out the right ones?

thanks 

They aren't, although they look similar. 

I would look for your bikes original part number for the pegs and cross reference it with other Hondas around the same years.

I should have said that I already tried that and when you search it only comes up with my year and the year before.

Thanks though for the quick response.

I might have to just go with the IMS SS pegs. At least they're only 80$ plus they have way more spikes on them then stock. So along with my original post has anybody ever usd the IMS SS pegs? Any good?

I bought used kx100 pegs for $20 and installed them on my 83 honda xl250. Make sure you get the pins also.