Ktm 200 dirt bike

I was thinking to get a good enduro bike specially four stroke like 350 or 450 for fuel economy compare to the 2stroke but i've read some bad points to get a four stroke for low budget like 3k to 5k

I've never owned a dirt bike and I don't wan't to go wrong way

Is a 200cc good bike for enduro techniques? Has the enough power for that?

My weight is 105 pounds

Pounds or kilos? How old are you? I only ask because my son is about that weight (in pounds) and 11 years old; he's 5'2" and riding a Honda CRF150RB and it suits him perfectly.

That being said, my 5'3" wife is about 120lbs and she's riding a Kawasaki 250; we lowered it and it works great.

I don't see a thing in the world wrong with any 4-stroke bike you find in that price range--OR cheaper, for that matter--as long as it's been maintained.

(Aside: if $5k is low budget for you, I'm clearly in the wrong business! [emoji23][emoji23])

• Like 1

Pounds or kilos? How old are you? I only ask because my son is about that weight (in pounds) and 11 years old; he's 5'2" and riding a Honda CRF150RB and it suits him perfectly.

That being said, my 5'3" wife is about 120lbs and she's riding a Kawasaki 250; we lowered it and it works great.

I don't see a thing in the world wrong with any 4-stroke bike you find in that price range--OR cheaper, for that matter--as long as it's been maintained.

(Aside: if $5k is low budget for you, I'm clearly in the wrong business! [emoji23][emoji23])

Pounds buddy. And I am 21 years old. 5'4

I'm lose now. I've read this post and for that i was think the budget is low

https://www.thumpertalk.com/index.php?/topic/1231920-What-250-4t-to-get?

Can be a good choice for every day to go the work? 36 miles totally. go and back

Are you in the States? If not, how hard is it to make a bike street-legal where you live? If that could be a problem, I would find something like a Honda CRF250X, a Yamaha WR250F, or a Kawasaki KLX250S that's already street-legal.

Are you in the States? If not, how hard is it to make a bike street-legal where you live? If that could be a problem, I would find something like a Honda CRF250X, a Yamaha WR250F, or a Kawasaki KLX250S that's already street-legal.

Well, i don't live in the states. Here is pretty easy to make street-legal a stroke but. I could in mind a 250 4 stroke because for sure i can hold more fuel than the 2 stroke i think but in my country is too easy plated that bike

Well, i don't live in the states. Here is pretty easy to make street-legal a stroke but. I could in mind a 250 4 stroke because for sure i can hold more fuel than the 2 stroke i think but in my country is too easy plated that bike

If it were me, I would get a 4 stroke if you are using it to commute back and forth to work. It would be a huge pain in the ass to mix fuel and oil at the gas station every time you fill up.

On 6/13/2017 at 7:12 PM, maggdogse said:

Pounds buddy. And I am 21 years old. 5'4

I'm lose now. I've read this post and for that i was think the budget is low

https://www.thumpertalk.com/index.php?/topic/1231920-What-250-4t-to-get?

Height and age are consideration for me when making a recommendation.  A good description of trails is nice too.  I have ridden in multiple states and countries and continents and you see lots of similarities and some differences that are worlds apart.  All that said,  at 6 feet and 170 I like KTM 200's.   All of them that are in good shape are good for what I call enduro work. 

• Like 1

If it were me, I would get a 4 stroke if you are using it to commute back and forth to work. It would be a huge pain in the ass to mix fuel and oil at the gas station every time you fill up.

That's its true. Well time to get a four stroke. Thanks for help to choose the right way bike
  • Like 1

That's its true. Well time to get a four stroke. Thanks for help to choose the right way bike

You're welcome! You'll have to get back on and share some pictures with us when you get it!
  • Like 1