Depends on your riding position, I'm 5'8" and mostly stand in the attack position while MX'ing.

I thought the OEM YZ125 bars were okay until I switched to a KTM/Factory Suzuki bend,

heightwise about the same but much less pull back (bars are straighter than most other bends) 

frees up my arms and elbows up and out to a more comfortable position.

Edited by mlatour

Oh good grief, another bar thread. No one can tell you what bars are good for you, absolutely everyone is different. Even 2 guys same size on the same bike very likely will have different preferences.

• Like 3

I'm 5'9" and looking for bars too.  Looking for some that ease wrist pain.  

Still a new rider and use upper body too much.  Wrists torn up from manual labor.

Are bars turned in more easier on wrists?  Mountain bike is turned in and they don't seem to hurt wrists at all.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, joemc04 said:

I'm 5'9" and looking for bars too.  Looking for some that ease wrist pain.  

Still a new rider and use upper body too much.  Wrists torn up from manual labor.

Are bars turned in more easier on wrists?  Mountain bike is turned in and they don't seem to hurt wrists at all.

You might look at the Flexxbars by Fasst Company or the carbon fiber units from Twisted Engineering. Both can reduce wrist trauma. Do a search on both. I know there are rider comments in our "Reviews" section.

I'd think that the best bend would be one that puts your hands in the most neutral position. Best way to know what might work is to measure what you're using now, then use that as a baseline when looking at bar bends. Give you a starting point of what areas you want a little more or a little less of. Not suggesting Renthal, just using this image as a visual for the key points to measure.

RenthalMiniChart.jpg

• Like 3

Personally, I've found those charts and measurements to be pretty useless.  Maybe a good starting point, but that's it.  You still have to try several bends unless you get lucky.  That's why for most guys bars are a compromise, not too many guys can afford to buy a half dozen sets of bars to try.

• Like 1

If he measures what he has, then he has a better idea of knowing where he wants more or less. There is no perfect handlebar bend and all riders adapt to changes in just a few hours. When I install a sub mount stabilizer, bars go up 25mm. That's huge! They feel strange at first, not even half way through the day, they feel normal.

• Like 3

A lot of dealers have bar displays that allow you to feel different bar bends, and to compare them to your bars.  I'm 5'8" but  tend to prefer low sweep high bars like the CR Hi or Windham bends.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, CR125B said:

Guys I am thinking about ordering some bars tomorrow... thinking of going renthal fat. Anyone have any preferences? I thought the stock ones are too high. I am  5' 7". 

If your converting 7/8 to 1 1/8 the adapters you use will raise the mount up and back,  consider that when picking bar bends.  If you stay 7/8 recommend protaper SE (seven eighth)

Throughout life we used to have to deal with what there was. Back in the late 60's early 70's on our bicycles this was our option.IMG_1741.PNG
We rode trails and jumped everything we could find. Felt fine cause there wasn't any other choice. Then in the late 70's we got these.IMG_1743.PNG
They killed my wrist, but better than the hi-risers. Then redline made these!IMG_1742.PNG
Put them on every BMX bike I had till I finally realized I needed a cruiser.
On motorcycles I always ran what it came with cause that's how it was growing up. Then one day about 12 years ago I bought a set of McGrath bend bars and replaced my stock bent bars. Fell in love, not saying anyone else should use them they just matched my arms better than anything else I have ever had. Now every bike I own has the same bars, just makes me feel at home. When I first got the McGrath bars I chose them by going to the local dealer and actually putting my hands on all the bends they had till one felt natural.

Got the new bars on! I am actually really happy with the feel of them. They are a lot higher than my stock ones but I actually like that for standing up. 

Thanks for all the responses and sorry for starting another bar thread!:ride:

• Like 2