Yz250 powervalve sticking after replate

Got my 07 250 cylinder replated and assembled the powervalve as per manual and it's sticking. With force it will open and close fully. It was smooth before I sent it to get plated at powerseal so I'm wondering if the valve is rubbing on excesss plating? IMG_0200.JPGIMG_0203.JPGIMG_0204.JPGIMG_0205.JPG

Pull the rod out and operate them by hand to see which one is sticking. Operate that one by hand several times and remove it, look at the marks to see where it's rubbing?

When I had just the main valve in it slid freely, but assembled it sticks. Done messing with it tonight. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow

• Like 1

A little plating material can ge caught up in the ports of the PV. As suggested, run in in and out a few times and see if you find a wittness on the valve itself. Then, usually with some real fine emmery cloth or even steel wool, you can cleen off the plating. In addition, make sure you wash it real good with soap and water, rinse, coat in WD-40 and blow it out with compressed air. give all the valves a light coat of you 2-stroke oil, and reassemble, check again. Always works for me. 

Try loosening the pulleys, push the secondaries all the way closed and then retighten the pulleys. Sometimes the pulleys can drag. If you don't think it's that pull the screws out of the pulleys, rotate them all the way forward and cycle the secondary linkages manually to see if one is hanging up.

10 hours ago, Kinger317 said:

Try loosening the pulleys, push the secondaries all the way closed and then retighten the pulleys. Sometimes the pulleys can drag. If you don't think it's that pull the screws out of the pulleys, rotate them all the way forward and cycle the secondary linkages manually to see if one is hanging up.

This was always the cause when it's happened to me. The secondary linkage pins don't glide in those pulley guides if there is a tiny misalignment. Loosening and re-tightening the bolts into the shaft should fix it.