XR400 Luggage Rack

So I'm looking at mods for my thumper and was looking at a variety of luggage racks for the back over the fender. I'm not sure whether I want proper hard panniers or a soft option that drapes over the back like the Wolfman Beta Plus.

Has anyone seen or used one of these for their bike? They are on sale for $76.99 with free shipping and look like they have good lash points. 14"x8" rack space.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Powdercoat-Cargo-Luggage-Rack-Carrier-fits-96-04-Honda-XR400R-XR250R-/291800010345?vxp=mtr&hash=item43f0a2ce69

This is the Wolfman Beta Plus that I'm also considering that I could use with the above rack - $220

Wolfman-Beta-Plus-Rear-Bag-1600x1033.jpg

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/wolfman-beta-plus-rear-bag

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

no pics of it attached to the xr4?...don't buy it until you can see how high up it's sitting above your seat.

also, beta plus bag isn't designed for dirt bikes.

It needs a fat 29" wide seat like on a street bike or ADV bike, or wide ass bbq rack to prop itself down on, so 5" side legs can hang down from the seat and stay put .

@minibikedad I have not seen any pics of it on an XR400 that's why I wanted to ask here. I've searched all over Bing and Google and can't find an installed pic anywhere.  

And good point on the Beta plus bag. I had not considered the minimum inside width requirements and how it hangs on the sides. 

I have a few pics of a similar rack. Looks almost identical.  These are old pics when I first installed it.   I put a RotoPax mount onto it and it worked great for the 1-gallon can. 

I had to drill holes in the fender to bolt it to the rear subframe. There are already holes there, and the kit from WTP came with little spacers to use if I recall. 

Hope this helps

IMG_20150430_204049.jpg

IMG_20150430_204055.jpg

IMG_20150606_162738.jpg

Edited by cabrito
  • Like 1