I need help!!! '16 Husqvarna fc450 cone valves, ProTune, FC, or N10Z?!

I need suspension work for my 2016 husqvarna fc450 (especially the forks) but I'm a bit lost as to which direction I want to go.

Factory connection $1250

ProTune $800

N10Z $1800 

Cone Valve forks (used forks only) $2600 including revalve by FC or Powerband 

Those prices include rear spring, shipping, and taxes. I'd go with Cory at ProTune but he's across the continent and it will be a 2-2.5 week turn around time due to the shipping but FC or N10Z can have my suspension back 3-4 days including shipping both ways. And if I go with ProTune what if something is not to my liking? I have the extra cost of shipping trans continental and 2 weeks (best case scenario) without my bike. I'm not willing to spend $,1500-$2000 for the sss suspension unless I can buy the forks as an entire assembly and sell my stock forks to cut down on the cost. Im leaning towards N10Z since he's local in California and will meet me at the track to help dial in the suspension. But  I can't find testimonials about his modern valves. He says his custom valves and pistons can perform as well or better than the cone valves. I've found plenty of posts from 2012 and earlier about his suspension which had issues but Steve at N10Z says he's worked out the design flaws. Any advice? 

Edited by digarcia1987

Marc uhlan at m21 is in northern Cali I think, he will be able to. Nail ur cone valve forks and shock. 

• Like 1

The N10z cone setup does look interesting but again no user reviews around on any of the regular forums or google. Pete says the majority of his work is 65's.

Pete is a pretty out there character....

Dyva also does a cone mid (and base) setup but good luck trying to get parts from him

On 6/14/2017 at 5:10 AM, bowser said:

The N10z cone setup does look interesting but again no user reviews around on any of the regular forums or google. Pete says the majority of his work is 65's.

Pete is a pretty out there character....

Dyva also does a cone mid (and base) setup but good luck trying to get parts from him

Steve from N10Z said he took cues from the wp cone valve design.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, digarcia1987 said:

Steve from N10Z said he took cues from the wp cone valve design.

Not so sure about that, the N10z design is a lot different than the WP design, yeah they both use a cone but the N10z looks to also combine a shim stack for what I assume LS compression or bleed control of the cone. the WP design is nothing more than a cone check valve. the real benefit I see of the cone arrangements is the ability to blow open so far on HS hits when required and dissipate a lot of that energy quickly.

the Dyva design (mid valve cone not the base cone setup) is basically a copy of the WP cone setup except the piston and cone receptacle adaptor are one piece

2 hours ago, bowser said:

Not so sure about that, the N10z design is a lot different than the WP design, yeah they both use a cone but the N10z looks to also combine a shim stack for what I assume LS compression or bleed control of the cone. the WP design is nothing more than a cone check valve. the real benefit I see of the cone arrangements is the ability to blow open so far on HS hits when required and dissipate a lot of that energy quickly.

the Dyva design (mid valve cone not the base cone setup) is basically a copy of the WP cone setup except the piston and cone receptacle adaptor are one piece

Never said they were the same or operated the same nor did Steve. I'm repeating back to u what Steve the brains and designer of the product said to me over the phone. You can take hints from another product and apply it to yours without the two operating the same. 

I'm 95% certain I'm gonna have Steve do the work. It's more expensive than ProTune but less than a WP cone valve and Steve said he'd meet with me at the track to help me set it up. That's a huge bonus for me. I'll send it off next week or the following and post my impressions. 

• Like 2

I'm going with NOST and started a thread in the suspension forum documenting my experience. I sent it off already and I'll have it back on Friday 7/7/17 and start the next day

Edited by digarcia1987