06 yz450f tourque specs?

just got a 2006 yz450f and im replacing the gaskets on it, I read there's a certain way to torque the head bolt down is this the correct way?

(this is just what I've read and typed below asking if that is correct)

torque the head bolts down to 22ft lb criss cross pattern then loosen back up take the head bolts out and re lube them? install them again and torque down to only 14 ft lbs. after they are all torqued do each one 90 degrees a piece and then another 90 degrees again on each to you get the bolts to 180?

aslo does any one know the tourque specs fro the cam cover bolts the 8mm thanks.

thanks. so for the cam cap bolts I shouldn't use the torque wrench I just do it with regular ratchet?

also for the moly lube grease can I use engine assembly lube for the head bolts?

You said cam cover, not cam caps, that's entirely different.  The torque on the cam CAPS is CRITICAL.

1) Always seat the cam caps by hand only with the assistance of some light tapping with a screwdriver handle.  Never pull them into place with the bolts for any reason.

2) Torque in the prescribed sequence, and in three steps up to full torque.

3) lube the threads as prescribed, but limit the torque to 75 inch pounds (6.25 ft. lb) instead of the prescribed 86 inch pounds (7.2 ft lb).

Assembly lube is moly grease.

okay thanks for the info.

also I made a mistake I put most of motor together tonight and just noticed I forgot the other cam chain guide. I only made it to setting timing I didn't torque down the cam caps yet, can I install the guide into its groove with the head on? I hope I don't have to remove head because its already torqued.

Edited by ktmnj

On 6/15/2017 at 8:09 PM, ktmnj said:

can I install the guide into its groove with the head on?

The front one? Nope.  The head holds it down into the two grooves in the top of the cylinder.  You'll need a new head gasket.